What's new

Super Duper Ding Ding

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just created a new detail brochure.

I included an ultimate detail.
It includes everything our shop currently offers at a premium price and is a 2-day service.

I'd estimate currently that perhaps 1-5% of my customers would go for a service that is this expensive and thorough.

However, some folks might feel it is worth it(and it is). Maybe those selling a car, those who give a car as a gift, receive a car as a gift, the wealthy or celebrities (yep, we've detailed cars for some very famous people, for whatever that's worth).

Do you currently offer such a service and what have been your experiences in doing so??:eek:

mjc3333

Reaction score
I guess it would depend on what the actual price is, and what you, as a customer, gets. I've detailed cars for over 20+ years with my best customers being in the 'average' middle income bracket. Most of the people that have the money to spend on an expensive detail end up being too cheap. Anybody driving a car or truck worth more than $30,000 wants the detail to cost next to nothing and wants us to spend two days straight detailing it. They baulk at $199 for a complete detail (buff, wax, shampoo everything, engine degrease, etc.) Another factor is the area in which you are located. I am not in a large city, but have at least 15,000 cars pass my shop on a daily basis.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
An observation of my 30 years in business. Where I live there are three cities side by side. The one has mostly high degree people working for private enterprise, but on government contracts, so lots of pay for not much work. These people make a lot of money doing nothing, so they are cheep thinking that you too are ripping them off by charging too much. They will drive 250 miles to save a buck. The city that has a large percentage of low to moderate income, spend a lot of money especially on pop, candy and other high margin items. I never had a business in the other city that was larger and more across the board average incomes.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel that I know what most of my customers want. It is my top seller at the detail shop (wash, paste wax, and super interior pkg.).

There are, however, some customers every year who I can tell want to spend more (mainly those giving a gift, getting a car for free, etc.). Others have expensive cars and when I tell them about a $199 detail they say: 'is that the best you've got?'.

I guess my point is that my shop can perform all the tasks included in the premium detail, so why not have it available on the menu?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I agree, you need to give the customer the opportunity to give you all the money that they can. Making it as easy as you can. As long as you give them the value that they are expecting, every one wins.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whoa there! No one said a thing about 'value'.:)

Just joking. Couldn't agree more.