What's new

Super Bright ACW IV display by dixmor

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
OK, I have no stock in anything, but I thought I would re-hash in case anyone has missed the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Dixmor has created a replacement display for the ACW 4 and 5. Instead of being 1/2 tall bluish green letters that are unreadable in direct sunlight when the display is new, the dixmor display uses 1" tall red letters that are readable several bays away in direct sunlight or at night.

I ordered one to try it out. After a couple of days, I immediately ordered another. You would not believe the difference. I am already seeing the return of some of my older customers who were complaining that they could not read the display.

Thank you dixmor.

Oh, the information isn't up on the dixmor site. Just give Nick a call and he will set you up. As previously stated, I don't have any stock in anything, I am just very excited about this great new display.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I'm not paid by Dixmor for saying this either, but I second what Indiana's stating. Love my new displays!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When we get some time boys, lets do a customer review on Dix and them.

Thanks

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
After i first reported the display from the ICA. It makes me wonder about the ACW.
I don't like the display,stacker, Validator Etc., and have replaced everything!! Why is it any one would buy a Hamilton ACW, Except for the Stainless Shell!!

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I think it's more about improving a product that a lot of people have in their washes. I have only owned my wash for a year, but 13 years ago when it was put in, it might have been the cutting edge in technology. I am considering a new automatic this year, and my ACW will still interface the new system. I would like to completely rebuild the outside of my ACW with a new overlay, buttons, and this fancy new display that I keep hearing about. This will me MUCH cheaper than purchasing a new pay station and will still do everything that I need it to do.

Lighthouse.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the dixmor display pricey?

I'm pretty cheap.

copperglobe

Reaction score
scrolling

I installed two of the displays on my acw's. The messages all scroll, right to left. When someone comes along and inserts one of our tokens ($5 value) it scrolls across "credit $.50" then "credit $1.00" then "credit $1.50" and so on up to the $5 value of the token. This scrolling action is quite slow and takes several seconds to add up to $5. That could be confusing to customers. Anyone had the same experience, solutions?

Randy

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you’ve got a programming and hardware problem. Your ACW should be programmed with a token value of $5.00. When you put in a token the coin acceptor will send one pulse to the controller and the controller will know that it is a $5.00 token and credit that amount. If you have it programmed for .25 and you have a non- Hamilton coin acceptor installed like a MA-800 from a bay coin box and you have it set to pulse 20 times to get your $5.00 Token credit yes it will take some time to get up to the $5.00 credit. Some called me today about this very problem.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too late!

Bought one from 'too hard to handle' Randall.

Can't wait to see the difference. Original is very tough to see in anything but optimum conditions.:)