What's new

Sudden unintended acceleration

buda

Reaction score
How many of you full service car wash operators have personally experienced the Sudden Unintended Acceleration (SUA) situation at your carwashes?

It is alledgedly suppose to occur with a SUV that has the name of a famous Indian tribe of the USA.

If you have any factual information on this, other than opinion based on what you have read, do you think it is caused by attendant error as the manufacturer alledges or it is fault of the vehicle itself.

Some operators are crying loudly for the ICA to do something. However ICA was sued by the manufacturer for disseminating discriminatory information about this one vehicle only.

Is it a problem or just an imagined problem for some operators.

Bud Abraham

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I had a 2006 GC Jeep ,and with wet shoes there was a problem with the brake -gas pedal relationship. A couple of times had the foot slip off the brake, I can see that in a car wash situation with wet shoes, the problem could happen . Mine had adjustable pedals so depending on where they were set it could be an ackward placement for someone just jumping into the vehicle. I would say it's the person driving at fault.

Last edited:

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
Has there been any recorded instances of this problem at Express exteriors? I haven't heard of any but they may just not be in the news too. If there are no cases of it at EE sites then it looks like there is a hole in the theory.

IMO

buda

Reaction score
The problem seems only to occur when the engine is turned off and then restarted at the end and put in drive. Not when the engine is running; the car in neutral and then put in drive.

If one were to www.google.com Sudden Unintended Acceleration you will see some interesting videos taken with security cameras and can decide for yourself.

Regards

Etowah