What's new

Stuttering Presure?

lustralover

Reaction score
I have 9 self sevice bays. The first 6 are on one unit ,7,8,9 are on diffrent unit. The first six are stutter on every hight pressure mode we have. This is an intermiten problem. :confused: There is no water leaking or shorage of any kind.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would bet that those six share a common manifold. Most likely air is getting trapped in there and the only way out is through the pumps. I have a Mark VII Proline system that has a long level manifold feeding the pumps. If it gets an air pocket in the manifold it can't migrate back to the tank since it doesn't pitch "up". I narrowed down where the air was being trapped and vented it with one of those doohickies that pierce plumbing when an ice maker or whatever is added to a fridge.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Are these 6 pressure fed with water or are they gravity feed. Also is it happening on both cold and hot water?Air is getting into your line somehow. I have also had my tire and engine backfeed into the line when a check valve goes bad, so then when a high pressure selection is made it sucks all the tire and engine cleaner and all the air from the tire and engine into the pump then it will clear out.

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
I would bet that those six share a common manifold. Most likely air is getting trapped in there and the only way out is through the pumps.
It's likely either air or insufficient flow to the pums from an undersized common manifold.

MikeV

Reaction score
If those pumps are fed from a common storage tank, look at how the water is being fed to the tank. It could be that the incoming water pressure is forcing air pockets in the tank and then to the pumps. Put a 45 at the water inlet to redirect the water away from the feed lines.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I've seen this a couple of times when the float valve is filling the rinse tank. It can push air down to the bottom of the tank and then the air gets pickup up by whatever pumps might be running.

Just something else to look for.