What's new

Steam Cleaning

Etowah

DPX22

Reaction score
At our detailing center, we used to use Extractors, brushes, and a dual headed polished attached with carpet brushes to remove stains. The outcome was generally positive with most if not all stains getting removed but ended up with soaking carpets from the amount of "steam" the extractors spray. I should really say hot water. However, we switched over to using an actual steam generator and use it for all of our stains and even leather (to remove that nasty grime) and it has done wonders! There is significantly less moisture after the clean and it lifts up dirt and grime even from other surfaces that only need to be wiped down without any chemicals. Are there other believers out there?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. I have a mytee steamer i really love. I have had a few problems with the steam pot but it is fixed now and works great

abcdcar

Reaction score
At our detailing center, we used to use Extractors, brushes, and a dual headed polished attached with carpet brushes to remove stains. The outcome was generally positive with most if not all stains getting removed but ended up with soaking carpets from the amount of "steam" the extractors spray. I should really say hot water. However, we switched over to using an actual steam generator and use it for all of our stains and even leather (to remove that nasty grime) and it has done wonders! There is significantly less moisture after the clean and it lifts up dirt and grime even from other surfaces that only need to be wiped down without any chemicals. Are there other believers out there?
https://idealchoose.com/

soapy

Reaction score
When I had my detail shop we loved the steam machine. A big bonus is that you can disinfect the steering wheel which test have shown has more germs than a toilet seat.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still use the extractor method. But the steamer is a wonderful tool. Absolutely necessary, IMO!!! sanitize ducts, clean makeup off controls, get salt stains and gum off carpet.

Ireul

Banned
Reaction score
I actually used to work the interior of my cars by myself, as I really love them and I do not really trust anyone to touch them. However, since I do not have that much time even during the weekends, I am actually sending the cars to the local detailing center, so they would do it all. I must say that the steamer was probably the thing that I liked the most, and just like someone said above, I started to use it even more during the pandemic as disinfect almost anything inside the car. The guys from https://www.newportnewsmobiledetailing.com/ are actually doing a really great job, they are the only ones that I actually trust my cars (for a couple of hours, not more).

Last edited: