What's new

Starting a detailing business. Equippment, chemicals questions.

V1p3R

Reaction score
I'm starting a detailing business and wanted to ask you about main equipment. My conclusion after a short research is that the quickest and the most convenient way of cleaning interiors is using vapor steam cleaners. I think it is more effective than usual extractors because it doesn't leave the interior wet, cleans without chemicals, and cleans better. Would like to hear your opinion. I was thinking of purchasing this http://http://www.dupray.ca/steam-cleaning-equipment/steam-box-vac-steam-cleaner/

Would like to hear your general suggestions on equippment and chemicals.
Thanks in advance

jfmoran

Reaction score
Keep doing your reseach

My suggestion would be to keep doing your research. While steam cleaners have their place in a shop they are by no means the end all be all tool for cleaning interiors, they are one tool of many, which would include a carpet extractor, shop vac, various cleaners, brushes, etc...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never had a steamer, in biz since 1985 detailing.

They look good but I have an extraxtor (Mytee Lite II), shop vacs, buffers, orbital polishers, air compressor, carwash (that's my best detailing tool:)).

Some swear by steamers but I just haven't bought one yet. Not on my 'essentials' list.

madstack

Reaction score
Pretty good article in latest Professional Carwashing and Detailing (12/10), a general overview, no particulars. Also, check Prentice St.Clair's articles in Auto Laundry news. Back issues for these mags and Modern Car Care should be readily available online for free. I know dry vapor steamers have been discussed recently.

soapy

Reaction score
I use steamers and extractors and I love both but I think a extractor would come before my steamers.

V1p3R

Reaction score
So, as i understood, a steamer can not replace a usual extractor even if it has a vacuum? How do you dry the upholstery after using an extractor then? Anything special or just leave it until it dries out?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We use terry towels and wipe the upholstery/carpets and a squirrel cage fan.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I have left these videos for now as I am pretty sure V1 is selling anything. And the info is interesting.

buda

Reaction score
You are outside the USA? I have some experience with detailing in your country and I believe you need an extractor, vapor steamer (low cost unit) and rotary shampooer.

Send me a private message and we can talk further

Bud Abraham

buda

Reaction score
Private Message??

Dont always see my private messages. Please email me directly buda@detailplus.com and I will answer immediately.

Bud ABraham