What's new

Stacking Paid Washes at Pay Station

carpool217

Reaction score
I am all of a sudden having issues with my pay station being able to stack washes. It won't happen all the time, but enough that I get a couple calls per week. A customer will be in auto getting a wash, then a customer pulls up, selects wash and pays while the car is still in auto. Once the car leaves for dry cycle, it will tell the person waiting in line to pay again. It has happened with both cc payments and to my members using the mobile app. Any ideas?

Keno

Reaction score
What make and model of pay station? Did it just start randomly happening?

carpool217

Reaction score
ACW and the only thing we have changed in there was installing a new cc swiper plus adding a tap to pay. So unless those could cause this issue, then yes, random. But again, the cc payment is being accepted, it just gets lost once the vehicle inside the bay exits.

Monte

Reaction score
What IBA? On board dryers? Distance from bridge to SA dryers???

Monte

Reaction score
I see this alot....in my situation, the guy exiting the bridge to drive under the stand alone blowers...decides to backup and use up all his time. If he is able to be seen by the bridge exit ultrasonic/sensors, the brain thinks its the stacked wash and will get confused. Alot of the time, the result is ....customer waiting, loses their wash.

Not sure if this applies to you....

carpool217

Reaction score
I see this alot....in my situation, the guy exiting the bridge to drive under the stand alone blowers...decides to backup and use up all his time. If he is able to be seen by the bridge exit ultrasonic/sensors, the brain thinks its the stacked wash and will get confused. Alot of the time, the result is ....customer waiting, loses their wash.

Not sure if this applies to you....
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it has not been caused by someone backing up. A wash owner told me it could maybe be the Cryptopay signal wire? I've got Hamilton pointing at Crypto, and Crypto pointing at Hamilton...

Keno

Reaction score
Not sure if you can turn off stacking on a acw, might be worth finding out if you don't need the throughput increase that stacking provides

PEI

Reaction score
You can turn the stacking off on an ACW. Using the four buttons on the controller mounted to the door you can access the menu and disable stacking.

Does it only happen to customers using the Crypto Pay Reader?

JLanman

Reaction score
I am all of a sudden having issues with my pay station being able to stack washes. It won't happen all the time, but enough that I get a couple calls per week. A customer will be in auto getting a wash, then a customer pulls up, selects wash and pays while the car is still in auto. Once the car leaves for dry cycle, it will tell the person waiting in line to pay again. It has happened with both cc payments and to my members using the mobile app. Any ideas?
Sent you an email on this situation. We have a solution that can help fix this problem.

JLanman

Reaction score
What would that solution be?
Hey Fatboy769,

Great question. Some wash equipment can stack washes and others can not. When I say stack, I am referring to the wash equipment's ability to accept a wash command while a wash is in process. Basically can the wash equipment manage a queue? As an example the D&S IQ equipment can stack washes, but the Istobal equipment can not.

We developed what we call a stack control module that takes over the stacking for wash equipment. This modules sits between the pay station (or any other device sending wash commands to the auto wash) and the auto wash.

This module will manage FIFO stacking of 3 washes. With this module in place the pay stations do not need to wait for the wash to be in a ready state to send the signal. The module will accept the wash request and load and unload the queue as the wash is ready. This is usually manage by monitoring the wash in use or what we call and escrow signal from the auto wash.

Hope this helps.

Jim

scrubbles

Reaction score
Hello I am soon purchasing a wash which currently uses exacta and I want to switch to Crypto Tap and Swipers. Can you share more info on how you were able to use Crypto with fixed price washes? TYIA Joel

carpool217

Reaction score
You can turn the stacking off on an ACW. Using the four buttons on the controller mounted to the door you can access the menu and disable stacking.

Does it only happen to customers using the Crypto Pay Reader?
No, it happened yesterday to someone using our Touch4Wash mobile app. They paid using the app and then the car left and it made them pay again.

PEI

Reaction score
Since I'm not familiar with how Touch4Wash communicates with the ACW's Controller, I can't really help. I know the Crypto Pay has a small board that attaches to the Controller to tell it that a card was accepted that should allow the Controller to stack the wash. The Touch4Wash would need to do the same thing to stack the washes. If it is just sending signals directly to the car wash through the relays on the back wall of the ACW then it can't be stacked. Stacking is only done by the Controller.

Etowah

scrubbles

Reaction score
Since I'm not familiar with how Touch4Wash communicates with the ACW's Controller, I can't really help. I know the Crypto Pay has a small board that attaches to the Controller to tell it that a card was accepted that should allow the Controller to stack the wash. The Touch4Wash would need to do the same thing to stack the washes. If it is just sending signals directly to the car wash through the relays on the back wall of the ACW then it can't be stacked. Stacking is only done by the Controller.
Makes sense. Thanks for your reply.