What's new

STA code 62

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Twice in the last month I have had my STA validator shut down and it gives me an error code of 62. My book doesn't show a 62. Can anybody tell me what the error code means?
Thanks

Gabriel

Reaction score
This is a little off target (I use the STA but do not know the code). What I am wondering is has anyone converted the STA to Mars and successfully substituted a token for Toke Notes. I love Toke Note promotion, but I also love beautiful trouble performing Mars Validators. Would dropping th TOKE NOTE acceptance, going to Mars and using the token idea work. Has anyone done it? Recently we have started having trouble out of our STA Validators and a Mars Conversion is pretty inexpensive by comparison to repairing STA'S over and over.

Red Baron

Reaction score
This is a little off target (I use the STA but do not know the code). What I am wondering is has anyone converted the STA to Mars and successfully substituted a token for Toke Notes. I love Toke Note promotion, but I also love beautiful trouble performing Mars Validators. Would dropping th TOKE NOTE acceptance, going to Mars and using the token idea work. Has anyone done it? Recently we have started having trouble out of our STA Validators and a Mars Conversion is pretty inexpensive by comparison to repairing STA'S over and over.
I converted my Gold Line ACW from STA to XE. I have persistant bill jamming issues in the stacker now whereas not before, but the validator XE itself has been as dependable as the STA was.

MEP001

Reaction score
We switched out the XE's to Mars and stopped using the Tokenotes (Not Toke Notes, that sounds like a permission slip to smoke marijuana). We use a single token in place of the single Tokenote. The Mars lasted about four years with no maintenance whatsoever before it recently started acting up. A high-end repair bill for a Mars is around $150, and the replacement Mars cost $399 from Kleen-Rite, not much more than a typical repair bill for an STA from Hamilton.

Mars does have a coupon, but they're very expensive and not as customizable as the Tokenotes. Unless Hamilton has come up with an improved interface, the Mars coupons will only give a cash-type credit, meaning someone could deposit the Mars coupon and just press the refund button for cash. It's easily prevented by disabling the refund button in the software, but if your customers sometimes use your ACW as a changer, or deposit a couple bills and change their mind, they can't get their money back.

MEP001

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
I converted my Gold Line ACW from STA to XE. I have persistant bill jamming issues in the stacker now whereas not before, but the validator XE itself has been as dependable as the STA was.
I replaced the first XE with a Mars because of a similar jamming issue on one side of the changer. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep the bills from jamming up in the stacker. The rest got replaced because they were stringing the XE's.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I suppose the next question is, does the error code 62 require sending the STA to Hamilton. Is it a minor error or serious problem. Possible cost to repair. Are you having enough problems with the STA's to consider a change out. Mine are several years old, have been great, but now problems seem to be popping up that require returning for a fix and the fix is often not reliable. Just wondering and trying to decide what to do myself.

Randy

Reaction score
The ?62? Error code is related to a rear gate/flipper problem or a rear sensor problem. When you get this code you should clean/recalibrate the validator and run a token note clear all coupon in the validator. If you?re using token notes you?ll have to reprogram or retrain the validator to accept your token notes after you run the clear all coupons. Sometimes this will fix the problem without sending it in.

If you want to replace your XE or STA with a Mars validator you want to use a 24 volt AE2602U7 validator. The harnessing is already on the back of the door.

The Hamilton Token notes will not work in the Mars validator. The only coupons that will work in a Mars validator are the coupons from Mars, https://vendingcoupons.com The draw back of the Mars validator is it recognizes the coupon as cash and will pay out change when the refund button is pushed or will give change back on a wash. I have a couple of customers who use the Mars coupons and they seem to be pretty happy with them.

On a side note Pyramid is coming out with there new Aqua bill validator soon. http://pyramidacceptors.com/aqua It?s designed for the car wash industry to be used in the coin boxes, bill changers and in wet locations. I?ve got one coming this week for testing.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Thanks Randy for the good information. I have 3 STA's out now and I am getting pretty tired of repairing them. It may be time for a Mars Conversion, unless you come up with something really good in your evaluation of the Pyramid. I know nothing about them, but they will have to be extremely good to upstage Mars--or so I think. I did watch the wet video, but that is only a small part of the equation for reliability.