What's new

SS with free vacs?

Crommel62

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about offering free vacs for SS bay users if the customers spends $5 or so. I'm not very technical, but I'm sure something could count the pulses up to the $5 mark then offer to dispense a free token. I think this could really be a hit, but probably wouldn't be worth the expense. The only way I could see doing it is using the Carolina pride token dispenser in each bay and that over $2k per bay. Any thoughts? Free vacs seem to make all the difference in the EE sector

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I do believe this topic has been discussed a few times....have you tried to do a search to find the older post on this and the flat fee gated entrance business model.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I like the gated model. I've been leasing one since late February. This is a low volume site but requires very little time to manage. Will kill your IBA sales though if you have one.

CGCW

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about offering free vacs for SS bay users if the customers spends $5 or so. I'm not very technical, but I'm sure something could count the pulses up to the $5 mark then offer to dispense a free token. I think this could really be a hit, but probably wouldn't be worth the expense. The only way I could see doing it is using the Carolina pride token dispenser in each bay and that over $2k per bay. Any thoughts? Free vacs seem to make all the difference in the EE sector
We have a 5 and 1 and we added the free vac tokenss to the top 2 washes about 3 years ago and it has been an interesting education.We have not however offered them to the self serve users. Our experience has been that only a small percentage of users actually use the tokens. We MAY get about 5% of the tokens back and have 3 of the 6 vacs at our place set up to receive tokens and quarters. We just ordered another 2000 tokens at .06 cents each and this equals 12000 tokens purchased in 3 years. I dont know what our customers are doing with the tokens but I would not do this again. We just put a new razor in the acw and when the new signs come in we are only going to offer it to the top wash.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have a 5 and 1 and we added the free vac tokenss to the top 2 washes about 3 years ago and it has been an interesting education.We have not however offered them to the self serve users. Our experience has been that only a small percentage of users actually use the tokens. We MAY get about 5% of the tokens back and have 3 of the 6 vacs at our place set up to receive tokens and quarters. We just ordered another 2000 tokens at .06 cents each and this equals 12000 tokens purchased in 3 years. I dont know what our customers are doing with the tokens but I would not do this again. We just put a new razor in the acw and when the new signs come in we are only going to offer it to the top wash.

That's interesting. Does anyone know the percentage of EE washers that actually use the free vacs? We are going to try to figure out a way to make it an option. Offer it up for free on the top wash but make them push a button to get it.

CGCW

Reaction score
Our top wash is our best seller and 25% of people dont realize there getting a free vac token or dont care. Of the other 75% that get the token less than 10% ever use them. We have had some customers joke about throwing away an entire ash tray full of them? We are constantly ordering tokens.

CGCW

Reaction score
Our top wash is our best seller and 25% of people dont realize there getting a free vac token or dont care. Of the other 75% that get the token less than 10% ever use them. We have had some customers joke about throwing away an entire ash tray full of them? We are constantly ordering tokens.
If I built another wash I would not offer this option unless I had a close competitor that was.

Etowah