What's new

Ss failing pump?

MEP001

Reaction score
The gauge is reading the pressure on the line, which is normal. The leak look like just a leak at the fitting.

Do yourself a huge favor and replace that high-pressure hose with braided hose and a brass barb before you have a problem with rust particles in the valves.

Bricks

Reaction score
The gauge is reading the pressure on the line, which is normal. The leak look like just a leak at the fitting.

Do yourself a huge favor and replace that high-pressure hose with braided hose and a brass barb before you have a problem with rust particles in the valves.
Thanks! Can you send me a link of what parts you mean ? That hose is like 20’ I think.

MEP001

Reaction score

I use the pushlock barbs because they have a larger I.D. than regular ones, and since there isn't usually pressure on the pump inlet hose you don't need clamps. The blue stuff I linked is way less than half the price of clear polybraid.

Bricks

Reaction score

I use the pushlock barbs because they have a larger I.D. than regular ones, and since there isn't usually pressure on the pump inlet hose you don't need clamps. The blue stuff I linked is way less than half the price of clear polybraid.
Ok you mean that little bypass hose? I thought you meant the one going to the attic. That leak isn’t at a fitting. It’s weird as hell. I turned on the pump with the remote (Thank you Randy for that!) and it barely leaked a drop at the head, whether it was idle or I was pulling the trigger. When I turned the switch to SFR is when it leaks (as the video shows). I talked to a tech and he says I just need to put new seals in it. Help me understand what the SFR is doing. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Ok you mean that little bypass hose? I thought you meant the one going to the attic.
I'm referring to the 1/2" high pressure line going into the bottom left port. Is that looping back to the pump from the regulator?

The video doesn't show clearly where the leak is coming from. That's not a seal leaking, but it could be the seal retainer o-ring.