What's new

SS Architectural Plans

JaySingh

Reaction score
Hey Guys, first time poster here, long time lurker. I've come across some land and want to build a Self Serve Car wash on it. I was hoping someone could share some architectural plans or layouts on a 5 bay SS. Please message me and I can provide an email.

I am hoping to take the plans and bring them to a local commercial drafter to use as a template.

Thanks,

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Hey Guys, first time poster here, long time lurker. I've come across some land and want to build a Self Serve Car wash on it. I was hoping someone could share some architectural plans or layouts on a 5 bay SS. Please message me and I can provide an email.

I am hoping to take the plans and bring them to a local commercial drafter to use as a template.

Thanks,
If you are just looking into the business, I would highly advise you to not build a self serve car wash from the ground up. I would look for a wash that is for sale in the relative area, and see what you can do with that. Self serve’s may not cost as much as an in bay would, but to buy land, hire construction workers, equipment, sewage and all of that, you’re easily looking at costs over 2 million dollars.

FuturaFan

Reaction score

Thanks,
Then again, if you have the money to do so, there’s no stopping you. If you still desire to build one from the ground up, I recommend you have less self serve bays and install an automatic of some sort. That should significantly increase yearly prof its. Self serve washes require a lot of work. You or someone must be there at least once per day, emptying trash, cleaning bays etc. You don’t just sit around and wait for stuff to go wrong, they need to be attended to. Automatics do as well, weekly maintenance, etc.

Last edited:

Keno

Reaction score
I highly doubt there are many recent plans out there, it doesn't financially make sense to build a new SS in probably 95+% of cases in the US

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Most areas have self serve washes already, and if they don’t, even then, if most people are used to an automatic/tunnel, they may not want to switch. That’s how it’s been with out self serve customers. After we got an automatic, our self serve customer base didn’t really change. We have had some customers from self service move to our automatic, but very, very few. We have developed more of a separate customer base with our automatic. If you want to build a self serve, make sure it’s in an area where people will see it. For example just off a busy highway. Or in the center of town. Smaller towns without car washes can be a good idea if you really want to build one, but make sure the town is big enough with a population over 2000 if you really want to make any money off it.

Last edited: