What's new

Sputtery Pre-Soak?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
MEP, where does your air and liquid mix then? At the manifold above the bay before going into the HP line?

MEP001

Reaction score
Jeff L said:
MEP, where does your air and liquid mix then? At the manifold above the bay before going into the HP line?
Yes, there is a cross at the top of the boom with spot-free, high pressure and the low pressure functions on each port, then on the low pressure there is a single check valve and another cross with tire cleaner, presoak and air.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
...on the low pressure there is a single check valve and another cross with tire cleaner, presoak and air.
Thanks for the info MEP. I use a check between each LP line and the manifold. Probably overkill. I see you use one check into your HP line, then split out to the LP lines. Is there a reason you don't check each line? Would that be because the other LP lines are already full of fluid and provide a "natural" check? Or am I misunderstanding something?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's partly because the liquid lines being full prevent anything back to the room (and with the air pressure slightly higher than the liquid nothing backs up there either) and partly that I've found the check valve helps mix the air and liquid together to give a more even product. It's also partly because with fewer check valves, there's less of a chance of problem. The liquid line is clear and the air regulator will vent excess pressure to the outlet, so if the single check valve fails it just bleeds off and everything else continues to work properly, and I see it right away.