What's new

Sprucing up the Saab

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a little free time today, so I detailed the engine in my wife's car.

It was long overdue! Here are my results.

Attachments

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Did you check the air filter and change the cabin filter while you were under the hood?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. Thanks for reminding me. It's due for an oil change and I'll do the air and cabin filters if necessary!

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never changed the cabin filter in my car - maybe that's why it smells like dirty feet when I turn the A/C off. I did switch to a K&N air filter, not because of the supposed horsepower improvement (I could tell no difference in that or the gas mileage), but because it's washable. Since it cost barely twice as much for a K&N as it would for a throw-away filter (I already had the cleaning kit for my truck) it took a short time for the cleanable K&N to pay for itself.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The car is a 99, so it didn't have the cabin air filter.

Had the tires rotated, gas and air filters changed, a bunch of other things checked and adjusted.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I have a K&N in every vehicle we own. I even have my mom putting them in her vehicles. At the drag strip some of the old racers could not believe I was running an air filter. I tried taking it off and lost 4 tenths of a second! Never tried that again.

Cabin filter is nice and it works.
MEP1, do you have a SAAB too? Its the only vehicle I have owned that has a cabin filter. I think some of the newer cars are starting to use them.

MEP001

Reaction score
RykoPro said:
MEP1, do you have a SAAB too? Its the only vehicle I have owned that has a cabin filter. I think some of the newer cars are starting to use them.
No, mine's a 2000 Monte Carlo.