What's new

Spray Nozzles

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up in the past but I'm about to change my nozzles size from 1508 to 1506 and I see other posts saying IMEG is better then MEG style nozzles? reason I use 15 degree nozzles is because we have alot of tall trucks/RV's come in and 25 degree won't reach.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
MEG tips are for descaling, which means lots of "cutting" force up close, whereas IMEG maintain the impact from several feet away.

FWIW, I prefer V-spray. It's much safer for the customers to handle.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I use the 1506. I didn't know what
MEG meant until now. With our gumbo soil
and such i have always used 1506 and really
like the impact. Not a wide pattern but does a
good job cutting the dirt.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve been using this Spray Nozzle for over 20 years http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-178...meg-1505-spray-nozzle-18-stainless-steel.aspx The narrower spray pattern gives the customer the impression that they are getting more pressure than they really are. We get customers who comment on the higher pressure than the other car washes in the area. They use a 2506 or a 3206. We replace or change out spray nozzle twice a year.

CCAR

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up in the past but I'm about to change my nozzles size from 1508 to 1506 and I see other posts saying IMEG is better then MEG style nozzles? reason I use 15 degree nozzles is because we have alot of tall trucks/RV's come in and 25 degree won't reach.
I went to a competitors carwash and he was using 2506 vv tips, I thought that this was better than what I was using (2506 IMEG). After trying the vv tips there is no comparison, the 2506 IMEG is hands down the better tip. I have even tried them a couple of times since then and still prefer the IMEGS. I have never tried the 1506 IMEG tip. And yes the IMEG is better than the regular MEG.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
CCAR - check the spray pattern difference between the IMEG and the V spray, look close, you'll see a difference. I used to use the IMEGs until I bought a V spray and compared. My observations were that the IMEG had a more oval pattern with the top and bottom edges having more force than the rest of the spray pattern. With the V spray I saw a more even pattern which was flat as opposed to the oval. It appeared the entire pattern had the same force.