What's new

Spots from Door and Dryer

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

All my washes end with a Spot Free pass and the dryer. My 4 dryers are fixed up high inside the building.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/jfu7v1xGStaZqiwkr-463w?feat=directlink

Some of the customers have complained of spots being large left behind. It seems that they are dripping from the door and or the dryer upon exit.

I am at a lost on how to deal with this, aside from trying to keep the door clean and perhaps cleaning the dryer housings. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in Advance...Big

madscientist

Reaction score
I have the same dryers and the same problems, but unfortunately no answers. For me it is only a problem on very high humidity days when the wind is blowing from the entrance side out the exit side. Fortunately those kinds of days are normally rain days. I've tried cleaning and wiping them down, but that only lasts for one car, at best.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Are the drops coming from the bottom of the door (where it makes contact with the ground? Or just of random places over the whole door?

washnvac

Reaction score
I have a short bay with the dryers inside; and having same issue. I set the exit door to open with the inside stop light. This keeps the door raised the entire time. I know it causes more heat loss, but it took away the drips from the door. Those drips from the door were also being sucked in the dryers. I am going to move the dryers outside this Spring to totally eliminate the situation.

I like the dryers in the bay because it makes for a neater look from the outside. But they just suck in too much moisture in the bay.

briteauto

Reaction score
If the majority of the problem is caused by water dripping off the bottom of the door, is there a way you can set the door to remain a few inches off the ground when it is closed?