What's new

Spot free delivery pump stuck on in one bay...

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
My spot free rinse delivery pump runs constant but with no solenoid open to a bay. I've isolated it to one particular bay. When I disconnect the 24v common for the sfr in that bay it stops. When I disconnect the 24v hot for the sfr in that bay it still runs. If the bay meter is on and sfr is selected it will open the solenoid to that bay, but when sfr is no longer selected the solenoid closes but the delivery pump still runs. I am using rotary switches.
I've tried about everything I can think of. I need some new thoughts on fixing this...got any?

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I have had an older system that had a SF control box and in this box is a relay for each bay that will turn on the pump if that particular bay is calling for it. The relays will get old and stick. If your system is similar, either pull the relay out of the socket or tap on it to see if this is your problem as well. When you pull it or tap on it the pump should stop.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I am using a Gin San controller for the sfr in the bays. I believe it is a GS-16(?). If I pull the common off from that bays terminal on the controller the pump quits. If I connect it to any common from any bay on that controller it will start the pump again :confused:

MEP001

Reaction score
You may have a bad input on the controller. Is there an unused one you can connect to?