What's new

Spot Free comes on in all three SS Bays

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I noticed that when a customer is using the spot free in one of my SS bays it comes on in all three on my Coleman Supersaver SS system. I was troubleshooting it and think that it could be the three solenoids on the located on the front of the RO system might be stuck open. I also noticed a swith for a "solenoid flush". I have not had time to pull it apart yet. Anybody ever have this happen? No matter what bay you turn the spot free on the other two bays will also turn on. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Buzzie

MEP001

Reaction score
Solenoids stuck open, really all it can be. The flush has nothing to do with the product coming out in the bays.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Stuck would be one option. You might want to check the wiring to make sure nothing is crossed and causing all three solenoids to go hot when one is energized.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's a possibility, but highly unlikely to just start happening all the sudden.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I pulled off all three solenoids today and cleaned them out. All OK now. Thanks for your help. They must have been stuck open. Probably wasted a lot of Spot Free before I noticed it.

MEP001

Reaction score
On the plus side, the trigger gun will have stopped most of the waste, and the spot-free wouldn't have come out at all on bays that were running high pressure at the time.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Buzzie,
I have had some of mine stick open and did not know it because my wands are hooked up to the drain. I found out when someone was using the low pressure presoaks and all of a sudden clear water would start coming out and the customer thought we must have just run out of product. The spot free is a much higher pressure so it blocks off the low pressure presoak.