What's new

Splash and Dash Not Taking Coins

EricB

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a Hanna Splash and Dash that no longer takes coins- you put the quarter in, it immediately pops out the coin return. I opened it up and figured out how to make the coin drop out the bottom, but even then, it doesn't register the credit.

I found a manual online, but it doesn't help much as it doesn't match my machine. I was able to confirm 24V.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
EricB

EricB

Reaction score
I didn't realize it worked that way... Guess that's why it's not on the wiring diagram?!

I'll check it out tomorrow and get back.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Randy

Reaction score
It's probably that 12 year old coin acceptor. I'll bet if you replace the coin acceptor it will work.
Or

EricB

Reaction score
Well... bugger.

I followed the guide Dan posted. Didn't really see that it was that dirty or gummy, but did get some residue off. Plugged it back in, no change...

Looking at the links Randy posted, the Sensotron looks like mine but doesn't have all the same parts; is it easy enough to retrofit this to my existing assembly? The Slugbuster looks complete, but I'm concerned the plugs may not match! Since I don't have an accurate wiring diagram, it is a concern, but it's only four wires, so maybe it's simple even if they don't match?!

Or, do I bite the bullet and call Coleman?

I appreciate all the help.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Sensortron is the same and will exactly replace yours. You can save a few dollars and order the insert only. The Slugbuster will replace it. You currently have a unit with a yellow, a black, and two red/green wires, one of which combines with the black wire. The Slugbuster will hook up without a wire combined with the black one, and the blue one connecting where the other red/green wire goes. The purple wire will not be used. The Slugbuster insert will not work properly in the Sensortron frame.

EricB

Reaction score
MEP, thanks for the info.

I reached out to my contact at Coleman and he suggested the same thing. A service call is minimum $90, the replacement part is barely more? Easy decision!

Thank you all for your help. I'll follow up once I install the new sensortron (y)