What's new

Spam Folders---Frustrating Communications

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
"Spam Folders" are becoming a real problem in communicating information about our products with potential customers. Just yesterday I received a phone call from an operator that wanted information about our vendors. I got an email address so I could get the information to them quickly. I sent them 3 separate emails about 3 different options that they could think about in solving their vendor situation. They seemed very anxious about this info, so I followed up with a phone call. They hadn't gotten my emails!! They didn't change their spam settings!! Their spam settings put my emails into their spam folder and, of course, they deleted the spam folder without looking. So I had to resend all the emails to this potential customer.

I understand the reasons for spam folders because we all get junk (email, faxes, and snail mail) every day and it is a pain in the "tush". But there may be "pearl" in all this junk if each of us takes the time to go thru the email which we receive every day. It doesn't take long to delete and you never know. If I used a spam filter for every email I get from people I don't know, I would miss out on many new potential sales that I never had a chance to respond to.

So please adjust you spam filter when requesting information on our vendors or don't use one at all. You are wasting my time resending info and you are frustrating yourself because you don't think we respond to your requests for info. It makes us both look bad!!! And we at ShurVend don't want to look bad in anybody's eyes!

Uncle Sam :)