What's new

solar street/lot lighting

Etowah

1carwash1

Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a couple of solar parking lot lights. Has anybody tried this? It would be a challenge to run power to the areas I want to light up so I'm considering going the solar route.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I set up a nifty solar lit sign some years ago. The battery for the solar will eventually go out. Be sure & make it so it's battery or battery bank is positioned so it can be easily & quickly replaced.

Randy

Reaction score
I drive by a mini storage lot on my way to the car wash that have solar parking lot lights, he's got a lot of them and they don't put out a lot of light. They look pretty weak.

Blanco

Reaction score
Why is it a challenge running wires? Please explain. Solar lights are not very powerful. Your better off spending a few days running wires that will last 20 years then putting up solar lights and having to constantly change batteries. Especially if their pole lights and you have to rent a lift to maintenance them.

Randy

Reaction score
Why is it a challenge running wires? Please explain. Solar lights are not very powerful. Your better off spending a few days running wires that will last 20 years then putting up solar lights and having to constantly change batteries. Especially if their pole lights and your have to rent a lift to maintenance them.
I couldn't agree more. The first time I saw those solar lights I thought what a joke these things are. Ther pretty good size but the light they put out is pretty weak looking.