What's new

Soft Touch, or Soft Cloth?

slash007

Reaction score
I am having new signs made up and was going to advertise Touch-Free and Soft Touch express automatics, but have been having second thoughts and was wondering if I should call it "soft cloth" instead of "soft touch". What do you guys think? I have been reading the forums and kind of see both ways being used, but wasn't sure if using the word "touch" on both back to back would be too much. Opinions?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Are you using cloth? Cloth holds dirt and will cause micro scratches at the very least.

slash007

Reaction score
No, I have the Ryko SoftGloss but thought the word cloth might convey the message that it was a touch machine a little better.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I would use "Soft Touch" or "FoamBrite". Cloth is old fashion and "slaps" against the car.

slash007

Reaction score
Thanks. Soft Touch it is... I considered using FoamBrite, but I was afraid that people wouldn't really know what that was and soft touch was easier to envision.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If you look through back issues of trade journals, you will find at least several articles penned by sign consultants that provide some really good tips on how to use signs to increase business.

I mention it because one of my clients realized a 20 percent gain in attraction rate just from changing the message in his signs.

Motorists only have several seconds to read, comprehend and make a decision about your message.

Impulse purchases are made mostly on the basis of greater convenience.

What better conveys the notion of greater convenience or image or value?

Touch-free, touch-less, soft-cloth, soft-touch

Or

Express wash, four-minute wash, etc.

We accept credit cards

100% money back guarantee

Free vacuum token with wash

briteauto

Reaction score
I would use "Soft Touch" or "FoamBrite". Cloth is old fashion and "slaps" against the car.
I like these choices as well. Probably best to avoid advertising cloth, since it isn't really cloth. We all remember the big lawsuits about advertising wax that was not wax. You never know in our litigious society if using the word "cloth" in a foam-equipped wash will spark some sort of legal action against some poor, unsuspecting soul.

Hanna had a phrase in the 1980's - I believe it was something like "soft and gentle wash process," of course at that time they were referring to cloth, but a phrase like that is ambiguous enough to use with foam too.

briteauto

Reaction score
Isn't "Foambrite" a Ryko brand?
Yes, but he said he has a SoftGloss, so it would be accurate if the machine uses Foambrite material.

I've seen many PDQ owners call their washes "LaserWash" on their exterior signage. I never really questioned it.

Etowah