What's new

Soda Machines for Outdoor SS

KleanRide

Reaction score
Did quite a bit of searching and reading old threads, but wondering does anyone have any new intel or recommendations on a sturdy outdoor soda/drink machine? I've got a covered kiosk with overhead lights and power next to my pump room. The previous owner had a soda machine there but it was leased and he said it was more hassle than it was worth. Not much vandalism, just not worth the slim margin he was making. It's hot as blazes in San Antonio, TX for 10 months out of the year, so I'm thinking an owned machine might add some cash flow.

Sounds like Survend once built a good machine, but now they're out of business?

Any other brands/designs out there that any of you can recommend?

Much obliged.

MEP001

Reaction score
Survend was just a rebranded unit, IIRC an AMS vendor. They aren't hard to find. You'll want a really good cage for it in San Antonio.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking for one for my wash. Seems like an easy way to make a bit of extra revenue. Used ones near me are $600-1000. I'm talking a dedicated soda machine; I have a shurvend ( ams visi combo) but I have it stocked w/ car wash items only... Brand name sodas by the case are 35 cents per can. Sell for $1 a can. Could be good...

MEP001

Reaction score
Thee's a refrigerated AMS unit you can put sodas and snack in the bottom shelves and vending in the rest, something I'd love to have at my wash. Someone has a cheaper unit and says he grosses about $1500/month, which knowing his markup is around 70% profit. That would pay off a new machine in well under a year.

Randy

Reaction score
Once upon a time we had a Coke machine at all of our car washes, they belonged to Coke. It was a shared agreement, Coke would supply and fill the machine and we’d supplied the power and the location. The machines they installed were the new 20oz bottle vending machines. Within 2 weeks all 4 of them were destroyed, broken into to the point that they were scrap. Coke replaced all the machines with new soda machines and again within a week they had all been destroyed. One of the machine was set on a Friday afternoon and on the front of the machine was a large sign that said “Not in service needs to be filled” Sunday night they destroyed that Coke machine. For some reason Coke wouldn’t bring out anymore soda machines. I wouldn’t install another one, too much of a target.

Randy

Reaction score
@Randy , ever consider they just didn’t like coke products? 😂
I thought of that but they also hit a Pepsi machine. A month ago we had a lock driller in town. He and his lady friend were brazen enough to break in the soda machines at the entrance of the local Walmart at 6am. Hit 4 soda machine and got away with it.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have had a soda machine for years. Used ones are plentiful on craigslist. Dixie-Narco, and vendo are a couple I have had that rarely have issues with. I have had one instance where they tried to break into it. Trashed the bill acceptor but didn't gain access. Its a good profit center for my area.