What's new

soap in rinse

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have much more soap in my rinse water than in the high pressure detergent mode. The only way to rinse is sfr. Any ideas?
Thx

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Automatic or SS? Either way it sounds like you have a bad check valve somewhere contaminating your fresh water tank. I am assuming it is your SS so check the foot valves in the freshwater tank to see if they are functioning properly.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
It looks like the problem is WAY too much soap in the mix tank. I drained it and am trying to get it back to normal. Of course right in the middle of that problem is when my ro pump took its last breath! Fun weekend!!!

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Keep in mind you can plumb the spot free so you don;t need to shut down while you wait for the new pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
Too much soap in your mix tank won't cause you to have soap in your rinse. With most equipment, the rinse is either fed from its own tank or directly from softened city feed. Does yours operate in one of those formats?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No my JC unit has it's own fresh water tank that mixes with the premixed chemical. I had chemical that is supposed to be 600/900-1 mixed maybe 10-1. That makes everything soapy. I think I'm pretty close to having it regulated after dipping soap for an hour or so. It was a fun Sat. night!
RO pump will start every now and then and fill up the tank so so far so good today. I actually picked up the new pump yesterday so it's just a matter of getting it on. It's in a hell of a place to get to for an old fat guy with gout. I'm going to get somebody to do it I hope!
Thanks guys!

Buzzie8

Reaction score
No my JC unit has it's own fresh water tank that mixes with the premixed chemical. I had chemical that is supposed to be 600/900-1 mixed maybe 10-1. That makes everything soapy. I think I'm pretty close to having it regulated after dipping soap for an hour or so. It was a fun Sat. night!
RO pump will start every now and then and fill up the tank so so far so good today. I actually picked up the new pump yesterday so it's just a matter of getting it on. It's in a hell of a place to get to for an old fat guy with gout. I'm going to get somebody to do it I hope!
Thanks guys!
Jimmy,
That last post was correct. Your heavy concentration of soap should not make any difference to your rinse being contaminated. If your fresh water tank has soap in it it iis most likely a check valve/foot valve. Depending on what service your customer will depend on where it draws water from. I would be surprised if your fresh water tank is not contaminated. What has me scratching my head is that I believe rinse cycle comes from city water direct and the fresh water tank is for wax and soap. I am curious though.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Actually, I think the solenoid for the high pressure soap is stuck open now. This makes more sense. The heavy concentration would make it extra soapy but the more I thought about it the more i thought it was is faulty solenoid. You can usually clean these to fix them before you replace.

MEP001

Reaction score
Buzzie is right, Coleman equipment doesn't have a tank for rinse. There's a tank for hot water that supplies only the soap and wax cycles, and the rinse draws from city water. That means you have two faulty solenoids, your soap and your rinse, unless the problem is something else entirely.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I just had such a concentration in my mix tank that the rinse would take forever to clear up. I switched the hydrominder and metering seems to be working ok now. I had a pretty big mess for a while!

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen before in car washes running braided steel hose to the bays (like GoodYear Neptune) that really strong soap penetrates the interior wall and keeps releasing soap when rinse is selected. I've found the way to tell if that's the problem is to switch it to wax for a few seconds then back to rinse.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Yep MEP001 that's what happens to me once in awhile.
I have to change the line to the bay and the problem is fixed.