What's new

Soap coming out of my wax

cocahog

Reaction score
I have soap coming out of my wax selection on all 6 of my bays. While holding my wax on, I can turn off my soap valve to that bay and the pump will bog down to nothing. Any ideas why it would suck soap?

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
I have soap coming out of my wax selection on all 6 of my bays. While holding my wax on, I can turn off my soap valve to that bay and the pump will bog down to nothing. Any ideas why it would suck soap?
Possibly a bad soap solenoid....

MEP001

Reaction score
That sounds very strange. As a general rule, there's a separate soap solenoid for each individual bay, so for all bays to suddenly be getting soap on the wax selection all the solenoids would have to fail open at the same time. Even if that's what caused your problem, closing the soap valve for one bay should just shut off the flow of soap from the tank and not affect the operation of the pump at all.

My first guess for the cause would be a leak between the soap and wax tanks. On older D/H equipment the divider between the soap and wax tanks is just welded in and sometimes leaks. If you can determine that's the case, you can drain, clean and seal the seam with good quality silicone sealant. I've done it a number of times.

cocahog

Reaction score
Soap

Doesn't have a soap solenoid. Has a rinse and a wax solenoid. When those 2 aren't activated, the soap comes up. It's odd that all 6 bays are doing it, but perhaps the wax solenoids are all bad? Maybe I'll do some switching around and see. The soap and wax tanks are separate.

MEP001

Reaction score
It doesn't seem likely that six solenoids would all fail at once. Does your system use "Motortrol" valves to switch between soap and wax? If the soap is higher than the wax in the tanks and one valve doesn't seat 100% it would flow into the wax tank.