What's new

Slugbuster/ACW IV issue

Rudy

Reaction score
Has anyone had a Hamilton ACW IV intermittently give double credit for metal tokens?

My tokens are valued at $6, and sometimes (although rarely), it gives a credit of $12. It happens so rarely, that it's hard to duplicate. Ideas?

Randy

Reaction score
The problem more than likely is in the Slugbuster coin acceptor. Have you tried switching it out with another coin acceptor?

Rudy

Reaction score
We were washing so many cars, that I replaced both the slugbuster and the Hamilton controller. So far no problems. I also have a WashGear system installed. Sometimes it would also give a $12 credit erroneously....which makes me feel that it's a Hamilton issue....not a SlugBuster or WashGear issue. Am I on the right track?

While I'm at it.....if it IS indeed a controller issue....can, and how would this be repaired? It sounds like it would be something on a component level...i.e. a bad IC. Could the problem even be located????

Randy

Reaction score
I think the first place I?d look is at the Washgear system. It?s connected to the ACW via the Token side of the ACW-4. But on the other hand if you replaced both the Controller and the Slugbuster and have not had a problem then the problem could be in one of those components. The controller and the Slugbuster are both repairable. Call Hamilton customer service and get RA# and send it in. The Slugbuster you can send into Parker Mfg.

Rudy

Reaction score
I knew that the WashGear is connected via the "Token" gateway. That's why I suspected the controller, since both the WashGear and also the Token sides both give a similar problem. The Hamilton is the common element...therefore the most suspect.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my WG equipped ACW-5. It would run up a $20 credit any time a card was used. I talked to Jennifer and she suspected the ACW controller wasn't inhibiting. I bought a wash with cash and tried to add extra money when it shouldn't accept it and sure enough, it did. Sent the controller in for repair, no problem since.