What's new

Slugbuster 2

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a Slugbuster that is rejecting about half the quarters that are inserted. Is there any kind of adjustment to this thing or is it time to just buy one? It is 8 years old and has worked like a charm.
Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Turn the sensitivity down just a little at a time and keep trying it until it takes the quarters correctly, but before you leave it run a handful of nickels through it. As they go bad they don't discriminate properly, and turning down the adjustment can make them take slugs, tokens and nickels and give credit.

sprocket

Reaction score
You don't have to replace them when they quit or broken, just send it back to parker for repair. They have quick turn around and are very reasonable. All manufacturers should have the service Parker has.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Parker engineering is right down the street from us and they are GREAT!!!! Call them for any help or advice you may need on their products.

mjc3333

Reaction score
You may have a dirty coin chute. You can clean it with warm soapy water. Don't use any harsh chemicals or alcohol. I've sent back over 40 different SB II and had each one fixed for a fraction of the cost of a new one. Clean it first, readjust the sensitivity, make sure NOT to use a quarter from the Sixties (they had a lot of the same characteristics as nickels). If all fails, send it back, they will fix it for about a third the cost of a new one.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Thanks. Actually I lied it was a Slugbuster 1. I took it out last night and adjusted it all the way to accept and it still rejected about half so I just switched it with my $1 acceptor that nobody ever uses anyway (it's actually in my Hamilton Goldline). I guess I will send the other one back to Parker for some TLC.