What's new

Site revamp ROI

New Washdog

Reaction score
I work at a fifteen year old busy 3 IBA, 1 SS site. Anyone have experience with a total site revamp, new machines, building façade signage etc.? I know there are a million variables, but what has been your experience in terms of increased wash volumes that would likely follow 10%,15%, more perhaps? Any information about your experience would be appreciated. If you would prefer to DM, that works too! Thanks in advance!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replacing 15 year old equipment is just what I'm doing at my wash. My revenue is definitely going to increase based on higher price points across all packages; I'm aiming for $17 avg per car. So, I would set a new pricing strategy first and then apply your current sales figures to the new pricing and see what the numbers look like if your sales are unchanged. Then play around with 10%, 15%, and 20% volume increase and see what those numbers look like.

With all-new equipment, you have some exciting new possibilities due to increased throughput ( faster machines) and decreased down time with repairs. I know you have spent alot of time the past few years tinkering on aging equipment, just like me. You will leave all that behind and the free time you have can be spent on all the other tasks at the wash.

If you get a phone app like Touch4wash or coinless, you can drive sales through the app.

You may also capture more market share if you had 2 Touchfrees and one Friction Rollover. The low operating costs of friction combined with broader customer appeal would boost your bottom line.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Thanks Waxman for your insight and ideas.

Because of our single lane entrance having a friction added to the mix would probably cause a frequent bottle neck, and there is no option to add a second lane.

Pricing/wash packages were changed a couple of years ago when we added hotwax. We will be adding ceramic, so packages and pricing will need to change again.

I'll have to look into the apps you mentioned to see if that's something that would help us drive business.

As usual. I ask questions I get answers, which in turn generates more questions and down the rabbit hole we go!

Thanks again!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
A friend of mine did a total rehab on a wash that was pretty nice to begin with. It was built around 2004 and had a gable roof and a MARK VII GT500. He pulled it the touchfree and installed two Istobal cloth units. As far as cosmetics he got rid of the earth tones and painted the building white. He also added LED trim around the mansard and two LED arches at the paystation. I think revenue at least doubled.

soonermajic

Reaction score
A friend of mine did a total rehab on a wash that was pretty nice to begin with. It was built around 2004 and had a gable roof and a MARK VII GT500. He pulled it the touchfree and installed two Istobal cloth units. As far as cosmetics he got rid of the earth tones and painted the building white. He also added LED trim around the mansard and two LED arches at the paystation. I think revenue at least doubled.
Would like to see a pic of his wash, especially the before/after.

STXCW

Reaction score
The least we have seen is a 35% increase. Many of the locations increased tremendously. We are to the point that once paint begins to fade on columns and exterior walls we repaint. Its amazing what a new coat of paint will do.

As a side note: we noticed a new restaurant by our office and decided to stop by. It was actually pretty good grub. Asked the owner how long he had been open and he told us 12 years but had just recently repainted the exterior of his place. We have been driving by this place for years and never noticed it.

New Washdog

Reaction score
The least we have seen is a 35% increase. Many of the locations increased tremendously. We are to the point that once paint begins to fade on columns and exterior walls we repaint. Its amazing what a new coat of paint will do.

As a side note: we noticed a new restaurant by our office and decided to stop by. It was actually pretty good grub. Asked the owner how long he had been open and he told us 12 years but had just recently repainted the exterior of his place. We have been driving by this place for years and never noticed it.
Thanks for sharing your experiences STXCW. If we see a 35% bump that would be tremendous!

soonermajic

Reaction score

When u say the least we have seen is 35% gain, what all & how many rehabs does that entail? Cause that sounds like dozens of rehabs. 35% is tremendous, if u didn't spend a fortune.

STXCW

Reaction score
When u say the least we have seen is 35% gain, what all & how many rehabs does that entail? Cause that sounds like dozens of rehabs. 35% is tremendous, if u didn't spend a fortune.
We have done quite a few.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stxcw, are you refurbing your own aites, or do you do other wash rehabs as well?