What's new

Simplisafe or Ring or ADT?

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have let my alarm systems fall into various states disrepair over the years, and I want to outfit my self serve locations with new alarm systems. I was first thinking to just go with ADT, but I got a bit of sticker shock when they told me the monitoring with camera viewing etc is like $59 per month. That just seems a bit excessive. So, now I'm thinking of trying Simplisafe or Ring. I was hoping for some feedback from guys who are using either of these, and if anyone has a preference between them. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, John

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I just put SImplisafe in after doing a bit of research. I am 100% satisfied with the product. Very east to install.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm using Ring $100 per year for pro monitoring. Free if you just want your phone to monitor and have wifi. I've had two unexplained false alarms in the past six months, otherwise happy.

mac

Reaction score
Greg I trier Ring but found out there is a monthly fee to use it. So I took it back. I am simply tired of monthly fees.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I just paid a $100 annual fee for my ring account a few months ago. I think there was a $10/month option but I didn't want that either,

soapy

Reaction score
I bought system from GE called the SIMON. I have it hooked into the land phone lines I have at the washes and it will call be if anything is triped. No monthly fees.

timmills

Banned
Reaction score
SimpliSafe is more expensive, but the sensors appear to be half the price, and if you have a house like mine with a lot of windows and doors, the additional Ring sensors can quickly add up to the cost of the system. You can also check some detailed analysis on Simplisafe and Ring like.

SimpliSafe is the way to go if:
  • You want high-end expert monitoring with the highest arrest rate available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • You want a security system with extra features, such as glass break sensors, panic buttons, and other features.
  • You're looking for a system that's simple to set up and use (stick and go).
  • You don't mind paying a reasonable monthly fee for monitoring.
Ring is the way to go if:
  • You'd want more options when it comes to video cameras and doorbells.
  • You want a system that is both inexpensive and budget-friendly.
  • Self-monitoring is more appealing to you than professional monitoring.

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It seems like a cellular based 4G or 5G alarm system for the alarm contact instant phone call out or SMS message has some advantages. Beware of 2G & 3G cell alarm systems as the cell towers are more & more not supporting that. A 5-12VDC UPS battery backup in case of power outage seems like also a good idea. Have the contacts reliable enough .... so you keep all your 911 calls to the local PD dispatch 100% credible.

Martins

Reaction score
We use SimpliSafe at our wash, repair center and my home. absolutely love them, and super easy to install maintain add too etc. 100% recommend them. Even just added temp sensors to my trough system to monitor the degrees. :)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had a burglary attempt the morning after Thanksgiving day at 4:45 AM. The perpetrator broke in the rear office door.. I've got a wyze cam in my office. It looks like he walked in, heard the Ring system counting down, turned around and left without touching anything. Ring was quick to call after the alarm went off and dispatched the police. If I had not had the alarm he could have done some major damage to my changer attempting to get into it. My manager spent most of the morning fixing the door but it could have been much worse.