What's new

signage

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I pulled my wheel scrubbers off a few weeks ago and am going to start using a chemical to clean wheels instead. My signs say wheel scrub. I need to change that to something different. Wheel spray doesn't really have much pizazz. Any suggestions?
Thanks

sprocket

Reaction score
Why are you removing the wheel scrubbers and what machine is it on. They look like they do an awsome job. Is it a maintainence issue or do they cause other issues.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
They worked pretty well for the first 6 years or so. The last 1.5 years they have been a pain in the a$$. The week between Christmas and New Years they were driven into 3 times. I don't think that I could do that on a bet but my customers can. I cried "uncle" and pulled them out.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
How about wheel brite or wheel clean(er). We have an option called wheel blaster but it uses high pressure.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards wheel brite since that is the name of the chemical that I'm going to try first.
Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Do your washes have guide rails or are the scrubbers hanging out in front of god and everybody just begging to be run over? I've got two Mark VII machines (5&7 years old) with scrubbers and have never had any significant damage.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We have Big yellow guide rails and then when i reviewed the video last night it was a dually who hit them and we have posted above the coin-box in BIG red bold letters "No Dullies this Bay" I agree with Jimmy and remove them and install a recessed system, they (Ryko) just created a wheel blaster system to go in place of the wheel scrubs but that is a alot of $$$ just the stuff I'm trying to make and keep in the bank currently.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We rarely have problems with the Ryko wheel scrubs and we service at least 50 machines with this option installed. The new high pressure spinning rocker panel/wheel Blasters are pretty cool, works well with the bug and tire chemical spray.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I went for 6 years with very few problems. I suspect that there was another problem that left the scrubber out far enough to hit. I fought with it until I finally cried uncle. I have had absolutely no problem with mine in the last month except the one time I tripped over 1 in my equipment room.
I talked to my tech who bought a wash and is installing a used soft gloss. He's leaving off the wheel scrubbers.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Wheel Scrubbers

Just had the electric motor replaced on my left side scrubber today and came across this post.
I was thinking of mounting some sort of "crash bar" in front of the wheel scrub mounted to the frame of my Softgloss. If it was heavy duty enough it might stop the idiot errr... I mean customer from destroying the wheel scrubber. The idea being they might stop when they hear the crunching/scrapping sound and hopefully back up before wrecking the expensive stuff. I realize if they are extremely gray matter deficient there is no stopping some but maybe it could prevent major damage.
Any thoughts?