What's new

Sign frames for SS bays

KleanRide

Reaction score
All -

I am looking for a sign frame (like letter sized) to mount above my meter boxes, that I can slide a laminated sign into. Basically a system where I can swap out messages and adverts about things we're offering at the wash. Obviously the frame would need to be stainless, or sturdy plastic that won't degrade with constant spray, soap and gunk.

Any ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
I got some years ago, they are aluminum with plated steel springs. They claim outdoor use and they held up the few years I had them up. I think I have one still in the box, I'll get the info off it when I get home. Search for poster grip frame in the meantime.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I have "top loader poster frames" mounted above my coin acceptors. 12x18. They are aluminum, I mounted them on a thin piece of treated plywood which I painted black. Takes 5 seconds to slide in a new sign. I'm in a reasonable good neighborhood, zero problems with theft/damage of these signs since I put them up 6 or 8 years ago.
For the more permanent signs, I get them, printed on corrugated plastic. For temporary / short-term I print them on paper & laminate.
I tried many things over the years, this is the only option that has stood up to water for me.
Skip the plastic/glass/lexan on top of the sign, it will just trap water inside.
I'll also comment that 8-1/2 x 11 is too small, you cant get much info on that size - and if you do it's crammed in, less likely to be read. I've monkeyed with this for a long time, 12x18 is what I settled on for above the coin box.