What's new

Sidetrac Question

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howdy

My 700 has washed enough cars to wear out a part; YIPEE!

What I need looks like a 3" section of vac hose, about 3-4' long. It connects 2 pipes along the top of the gantry that house HP hose, chem tubes and prox wires.

The vac hose thingy split and now the pipe part closest to the rail (up top) gets pushed back in place all jerky when the gantry booms back in. It's getting ugly!

Should I replace this with a rubber hose the right dimension instread and use hose clamps to secure it to the 2 pieces of pipe? Will that flex properly? Should I just use more vac hose and buy the proper cuffs to couple it to the pipe?

Thanks!

soapy

Reaction score
The 3 inch hose sounds like the same thing used on my ringomatic pit cleaner. I have had to buy new section of hose several time for it. You should have a shop that sells industrial hoses some where close. It is a fairly common type of hose and should be easy to find.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
do you just buy vac-type plastic hose or rubber? if rubber, should it have wire in it or not? thanks!

Eric H

Reaction score
If you shoot me a photo I can check Hope Rubber in fitchburg to see if they can get it for you.