What's new

Should We Taxpayers Bail Out Gm, Ford ,chrysler?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Anyone who has been reading Doug's post for very long knows that his facts are bogus. But since, you either pay some of that "fat salary" or you don't, its your choice. There will always be people that make more money than you do, are smarter than you and are better looking than you. So what? There are people that steal from others, so what, if it isn't you and you don't have any control over, why whine about it or even bring it up.

Surround yourself with successful smart people, only worry about crap that you have some control over and your life will be as good as it gets.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
BS? You guy obviously don't read and are out of touch. This is from last year. I'll look for the article and data (is real data) if you insist.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/28/news/economy/ceo_pay_workers/index.htm

The average CEO of a large U.S. company made roughly $10.8 million last year, or 364 times that of U.S. full-time and part-time workers, who made an average of $29,544, according to a joint analysis released Wednesday by the liberal Institute for Policy Studies and United for a Fair Economy.

That gap is down from 411 times in 2005 and well-below the record high of 525 times recorded in 2000. But the comparison isn't exactly apples-to-apples, in part because IPS and UFE changed how they measured CEO options pay this year.

If you just consider the average compensation (wages plus benefits) of full-time year-round workers in non-managerial jobs - roughly $40,000 - CEO pay is more like 270 times bigger than the average Joe's. That's still a far cry from days gone by. In 1989, for instance, U.S. CEOs of large companies earned 71 times more than the average worker, according to the Economic Policy Institute.

But even including all that, CEO pay can look like chump change next to private equity and hedge fund managers' pay. Those managers made an average of $657.5 million in 2006 - more than 16,000 times what the average full-time worker makes, and roughly 61 times that of the average CEO.

Last edited:

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
http://watsoninc.blogspot.com/2008/06/ceo-economic-stimulus-plan.html

According to the AP, median CEO pay rose in 2007 to $8.4 million, representing a gain of ~$280,000 in compensation. This is a 3.5% increase. Perhaps, this wouldn't be so potent if the average CEO salary was not a jaw-dropping 700 times that of average employee (this NY Times picture says it all or does it?). At the top of the AP list is John Thain, who took the helm of Merrill Lynch as of 12/1/2007. Including his sign-on bonus and other inducements, he enjoys a hefty $83 million pay package for this next year. Note that Merill Lynch just suffered its worst-ever losses last year.

This graph:http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/04/08/business/pay.graphic.jpg

This DIGG:

http://digg.com/business_finance/The_Wide_Divide_Graph_of_CEO_pay_vs_Average_Worker

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
"this wouldn't be so potent if the average CEO salary was not a jaw-dropping 700 times that of average employee (this NY Times picture says it all or does it?)."

Well slap me down and call me shorty! I'm assuming you quoted someone on the internet so it must be so. I stand corrected.

BTW, if you think I or virtually anyone else clicks on your links and reads all that crap, you are living in la la land.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
"this wouldn't be so potent if the average CEO salary was not a jaw-dropping 700 times that of average employee (this NY Times picture says it all or does it?)."

Well slap me down and call me shorty! I'm assuming you quoted someone on the internet so it must be so. I stand corrected.

BTW, if you think I or virtually anyone else clicks on your links and reads all that crap, you are living in la la land.
You ask for the freaking thing! It was the New York TIMES in the LINK! You think I make this $hit up? Did you take a close look at the graph? That what I qouted last month or 2 months ago. The difference is the amount of disparage between average workers and average executive pay from 1960's (the hay day of industrial out-put, producity and $$$$ buying power) and now is smack in your face! I say let the big three burn and every other corporation! Average salaries for working class Joe's won't decrease as much as the AVERAGE CEO's PAY as they all crash & BURN!

Pure greed killed us, led by these ba$tards.