What's new

Shop Vac Push Sweepers

bigleo48

Reaction score
Any of you ever used one of these?

They're about $400 and I was thinking of getting one to use in the vac area to pick up small debris and dirt that you typically get at the vacs and in front of bays.

Thanks in advance....BigLeo

boywonder

Reaction score
Use it all the time, also great for exercise!

MEP001

Reaction score
A pushbroom is better exercise, but the sweeper does make a faster job of it.

The best unit in my opinion is the Hako Minuteman "Flipper". I'm not familiar with the unit you have pictured, but if you're going to spend money on something like that you might as well get one meant to last. The Flipper will last many years if you empty out the bucket after each use to keep it from rusting.

Randy

Reaction score
I had once, wore it out and never got another one. It took up a considerable amount of space in the equipment room. I bought my clean up guy a new push broom.

washnvac

Reaction score
Google Hoover "SpinSweep". It is a bit smaller but does a great job. It is less than $100. I have one at ewach of my four locations.

bigleo48

Reaction score
A pushbroom is better exercise, but the sweeper does make a faster job of it.

The best unit in my opinion is the Hako Minuteman "Flipper". I'm not familiar with the unit you have pictured, but if you're going to spend money on something like that you might as well get one meant to last. The Flipper will last many years if you empty out the bucket after each use to keep it from rusting.
Mep,

I think it virtually identical...many different companies make the same device.

Others,

I know a broom can do the same thing, but better tools make the job easier and thus done more often. I'm looking for a quicker and easier way of cleaning the vac areas especially, since they seem to need it a few times a day. So it's either that or a billy goat. But the billy goat is another motor to maintain and takes up even more space, not to mention the increased cost.

BigLeo

dclark3344

Reaction score
Hey Big,
I had one when I first opened made my Eagle Products. It had 2 spinning brushes and did a great job. It was made out of some thin plastic and on the broom finished concrete the wheels wore down quickly and my moronic attendant fell on it and cracked the top so it did not lock closed very good. Mine would stand up on the back side so it did not take up much room in the equipment room. I determined that it was too expensive for my employee to use so I went to Sams and purchased the little broom and folding dust bucket.

Sivart

Reaction score
Any of you ever used one of these?

They're about $400 and I was thinking of getting one to use in the vac area to pick up small debris and dirt that you typically get at the vacs and in front of bays.

Thanks in advance....BigLeo
I use 2 hoover spinsweep pro's. I clamp them together with hose clamps and they seem to work even better that way. I use it about twice a day and they seem to last me a couple of years. I have 2 locations one that I am the only one that works it and the other I have 3 employees that work different shifts. They seem to tear a sweeper up about every 6-8 months so when mine quits picking up well I take it to second location and let the employees use it. They do have to make twice as many passes but until they decide to take care of what I provide they will get my hand-me-downs.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Amazon has them on sale
nsweep&tag=websitementcommu&index=blended&link%5Fcode=qs
$89.99 each. Plus free shipping
Ordered 2.

JustClean

Reaction score
I've got an Stihl air blower which works fine for me and it's fast. But I always wondered if the sweeper would be better...

Sivart

Reaction score
I've got an Stihl air blower which works fine for me and it's fast. But I always wondered if the sweeper would be better...
I use a blower too but use the sweepers to pickup trash.

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried a blower, but it's noisy, it kicks up dust so it's hard to use when customers around, and you still have to pick up the mess at some point. It's also nice to not have gas in the equipment room.

Red Baron

Reaction score
My first Spin Sweep Pro lasted about 2 years, and in fact still worked when I replaced it with a new one because I made the mistake of throwing away that little rubber plate/scoop that directs dirt to the brushes when it fell off...it didn't work as well on the small stuff afterwards.

Another new one at our other location lasted my son about 1 day before the cone sprocket stripped making it useless. In fairness to Hoover tho, my son is a lot stronger than he realizes (he benches 390) and tends to tear things up. I'm constantly needing Vicegrips to remove caps from bottle and jugs after he puts them on. I think the Lubbock Fire Department keeps him on because her can turn on fire hydrants with his bare hands. lol

I've have tried in vain for 3 months to get a replacement part for my Spin Sweep Pro. Their Customer Service recording directs you to the local part dealers, whose number is disconnected. By the time I spend 15 minutes working my way through their clumsy system, I'm too frustrated and annoyed to look up and punch in a different zip code.