What's new

Shock sensors?

Wet Spot

Reaction score
Has anyone installed shock sensors on vacuums and bill acceptors boxes in bays. I’m going to be remodeling soon running new conduit to vacs and bays and thought this is the time to run wire for shock sensors. My vacs have recently been hit hard getting into trash doors by ponding and tearing the metal. I just don’t know how sensitive these sensors are during Normal use.

also, are there any alarm systems that cut out the monitoring company. Im looking for a system that would notify me via a text or call, and then I would pull up cameras to confirm any issues.

thx

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have & still do have a few similar mercury tilt switches to these shown below. Not sure where to buy them anymore since Radio Shack tends to be no more. Keep in mind most alarm setups can be made to trigger even with momentary continuity.

wash4me

Reaction score
Has anyone installed shock sensors on vacuums and bill acceptors boxes in bays. I’m going to be remodeling soon running new conduit to vacs and bays and thought this is the time to run wire for shock sensors. My vacs have recently been hit hard getting into trash doors by ponding and tearing the metal. I just don’t know how sensitive these sensors are during Normal use.

also, are there any alarm systems that cut out the monitoring company. Im looking for a system that would notify me via a text or call, and then I would pull up cameras to confirm any issues.

thx
Ezesys.com Will do the alarming to dial you directly and it will do all kinds of other stuff to