What's new

shampoo vac problem

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a JC shampoo vac. There is a little bowl where the shampoo goes before the foamer. I guess the gasket has gone bad in the bowl and any time the foam button is pushed it shoots fluid all over the controls. I have lost power to the timer and coin acceptor but can't find anything tripped. There is 1 big breaker and a couple of Siemans relays but they seem to be ok. Am I missing a fuse or a breaker somewhere?
I put some form a gasket on the bowl last night. Hopefully that will stop the leak if I can just find my power issue maybe I'll be ok.
Thanks

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I would check for power to the breaker , if good check it at the (24v) transformer. sounds like the transformer may be bad.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Both of those Siemans relays have "test" buttons on them and they both function so I think you are probably right. What does the transformer look like? I am electrically challenged!
Thanks

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Is the 24v transformer something I can get locally or would it have to come from JC?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
The transformer is approx. 3 " square and looks like a series of thin metal strips with a magnet inside, ( it converts the voltage from 120v to 24 v for the controls).
They can be purchased locally.
Look at Grainger online ,(Item 6WU93[/B][/B], transformer 24V.

Last edited:
Reaction score
JC vac/shampoo

If you are still having problems, let me know and I will open mine up and see what might be wrong, I think if the transformer was bad the pumps would not run even when depressing the buttons on the relays.....

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm home sick today but will get up there in a bit. It makes sense to me that a solid stream of water might be bad for a transformer, doesn't it to you guys?
Thanks

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
There is a tiny little fuse tucked back behind the wires. Apparently it objects to large amounts of soapy water being dumped on it. Changing the fuse fixed the problem. Thanks guys.