What's new

Shampoo pump tube

Etowah

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what you've used in place of the 21.00 (with shipping) "Shampoo Pump Tube" from Fragramatics? Hate to pay 21.00 for a foot long piece of rubber. Was thinking about aquarium air hose?

Thanks-

bmills

Reaction score
Surgical Tubing

Look for a surgical supply store. They will have silicone surgical tubing available. Make sure that you match up the diameter exactly, including wall thickness and inside diameter. Once you find a proper match you can get a larger quantity. It has a long shelf life. $.50 per ft. here.

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Aahh, thanks bmills. I have a small herd of beef cattle and several IV sets, I'll cut a length off of one and see.

Scott

MEP001

Reaction score
It needs to be the correct type of tubing to last and work properly: peristaltic pump tubing.

Eric H

Reaction score
BTW: the shampoo pump and spot remover pump use different size tubing:mad:

MEP001

Reaction score
Eric is right, and not just different size (ID) tubing but different rollers as well. There is a reason for that: to prevent waste of spot remover. Our Doyle units had the same larger-bore tubing in both pumps, and I was going through three times as much spot remover as shampoo, even though it was used much less. Replacing the tubing and rollers with the ones Fragramatics uses in the spot remover cut the usage down to 20% of what it was, and it even foams better.