What's new

Sham Wow

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I thought there was a post a few weeks ago about the ShamWow towels. I spent all morning looking but cant find anything on it. Can anyone point in the right direction or comment on them. I had a vendor call this morning and was selling them now.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I should be getting my new vendor in this week and thought this might be a good item to vend. Where can I get them in bulk? Do you still plan on vending them? Any ideas?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I bought some of these yesterday. I am impressed at how well the soak up water. I am vending the small ones at $3 and the big ones at $5. I bet the sell well. They actually have the word shamwow printed on them. I folded them just right so that they show 'shamwow' while they are sitting in the vendor.

easywash

Reaction score
Shamwow.... I'm saying wow already

I bought two boxes of Shamwows from Costco last week for $19.99 each. I finally got around to putting them in the store today.

I cut the large ones in half and sell them for $5.50 including tax and $4.50 for the small ones.

I sold 5 Large and 1 Small today alone.

Everyone looks at them and says... "Hey is that the one from TV?" my staff says "Sure Is" and they buy it :)

Ah, the power of a corny infomercial!

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
I interviewed a towel supplier/manufacturer at the ICA Expo, and I asked him what he thought about the ShamWow as a SS vend item. He said that type of product COULD be great. BUT (in his opinion), for something like the ShamWow to be really successful, it needed some "development" ... which he was "pursuing".

Namely (or so he said), the SW needs to be "broken in for it to perform as seen on TV". It takes time and a couple uses to soften a product that is fairly stiff and not optimally absorbent right outta the package. Is that true?

JJJ/SSCWN

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I folded them just right so that they show 'shamwow' while they are sitting in the vendor.

Bubbles,

Is it possible for you to post some pictures. I purchased some Sham Wows a couple of months ago and haven't decided (or had the time to decide) the best way to put them in my Shurvend. What size slot and what size spiral?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see this post until now. I will snap some pics tomorrow when I am up there and post them asap.

jloebker

Reaction score
I bought 16 20"x27" on amazon. They don't say sham-wow but they do say made in germany printed on the towel. I would have to think they are the same product. Cost $41.47 total. I'm going to cut the in half to fit glass front vendor. Retail $5

Happycarz

Reaction score
For those of you that started selling the ShamWow's, how have sales been holding up? The reason I ask is one of my customers bought one on TV, was disappointed and went back to my Costco micrfiber towel.

I would like know if after the initial buy, do they come back for more or do sales drop off. Maybe it is too soon to tell. With the power of the TV ad, and the large customer base, firm sales may be sustainable for a considerable time. Remember Slick 50 and the Ionic Breeze?

Do we jump on the band wagon or is this just a flash in the pan?

MEP001

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I saw a brand new one in the trash at the wash recently.