What's new

Sewer Problem

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll bet you didn't have to go 720 feet to find the blockage. This winter I've had drain problems myself, what a PITA!!
This is getting really interesting! I put the drain King in my 2" sewer exit pipe and ran hot water thru for 2 1/2 hours yesterday. The water was flowing, based on my water meter observations.

So today I'm working on coupling a hose with pressure gauge to see if there is, in fact, un-restricted flow. Wish me luck!

nicolacam

Reaction score
You can fix the problems with the help of hydrodynamic action. The principle of operation of hydrodynamic equipment is to immerse the hose into the sewer and supply water under high pressure through nozzles with holes directed forward and backward. Water jets directed forward break the plugs and deposits on the walls of the pipes. The water flows coming out through the holes directed backwards create jet thrust in the pipeline. Due to it, the nozzle with the hose moves along the pipe, simultaneously washing away all the dirt. This can help you rooterworx.ca .

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
UPDATE: I saw this thread pop up and realized I never updated it with my repairs.

The problem was the improper connection made by the plumber I hired. They used Fernco Couplings to connect the pipes to the 2 Liberty Grinder Pumps. The couplings failed immediately, and because I did not fully drain the tank, I went in the other direction, looking to clear a clog in the line. I hired a company to put a camera down the pipe; all-clear. Once I pumped the tank dry ( for the third time), I saw the failed couplings. We then hard-plumbed everything, eliminating the rubber couplers. Problem solved. The 'new' plumber re-built the lines leaving the pump chamber, making the pipes flow together with smooth, 45 degree angles. He also installed a removable cap up high so I can drop a sump pump in and pump the tank manually if I need to.

i learned alot about hiring the right company for the job; you would think that after so many years in business I would know how to research and hire the right company, but instead I hired the wrong people and lost 1 month revenue for the car wash.