What's new

Sensortron not working after winter shutdown

Sudsz

Reaction score
Does anyone know about a reset or program on sensortron coin readers? After a bad winter and power shutdown for months, all 4 bays coin readers will not operate at ll when a coin is dropped in.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Do you have power to the coin boxes? What kind of timers are you using?

Sudsz

Reaction score
There is power to the panel. And this is the set up. 20230603_122243.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
What does "not operate at all" mean? Are they accepting coins and not giving a pulse? Or do all coins get rejected? Are you sure power is getting to the coin acceptor?

Sudsz

Reaction score
What does "not operate at all" mean? Are they accepting coins and not giving a pulse? Or do all coins get rejected? Are you sure power is getting to the coin acceptor?
I drop a coin in and it just sits on top of the sensor. No click, no sounds, no movement. I have to manually release the coin. Hopefully that makes sense... I'm pretty new to these units.

Randy

Reaction score
I drop a coin in and it just sits on top of the sensor. No click, no sounds, no movement. I have to manually release the coin. Hopefully that makes sense... I'm pretty new to these units.
Is the coin path clear? Is the sample coin still in the holder? Why was the power turned off during the winter?

Sudsz

Reaction score
I know nothing about a sample coin. The boiler went out and froze a bunch of piping. Had it all powered down during repairs.

MEP001

Reaction score
Either someone took out the sample coins or the mechanical lever is stuck. The blue arrow marks where the sample coin should be. The red arrow shows the lever that should move freely. There could be dirt or debris or rust or spider eggs keeping it from moving. Twice I've gotten calls from people who had someone squirt superglue in them.

GS-77041-Sensortron-Insert.jpg

Sudsz

Reaction score
Either someone took out the sample coins or the mechanical lever is stuck. The blue arrow marks where the sample coin should be. The red arrow shows the lever that should move freely. There could be dirt or debris or rust or spider eggs keeping it from moving. Twice I've gotten calls from people who had someone squirt superglue in them.

View attachment 8566
Dude! You rock!! I bet that is the issue. Had some helpers gathering the quarters... they probably pulled those too. Thank you so much! I will give that a try!