What's new

Sensortron Coin Counter

Old 66 Car Wash

Reaction score
I have one bay that does not always count every coin. Customers come to me every once in a while and complain they put 8 quarters in and it only counted 4. I was just going to replace the counter but thought as I am pretty new to this I would see what the experts thought. I adjusted the sensitivity on the counter but it did not seem to help.

cooll903

Reaction score
spare parts make your break downs more bearable as you have a better chance of get things up and running on a weekend and vastly reduce your down time for that machine.

MEP001

Reaction score
I adjusted the sensitivity on the counter but it did not seem to help.
The sensitivity only affects it accepting coins. If it were taking some and rejecting some, then it would need to be adjusted. Since it's taking them all and not giving a pulse for some, it's either going bad or needs to be cleaned. Test the Sensortrons yourself on a regular basis with coins, because usually when they start to fail they give multiple pulses for some coins. Your customers probably won't let you know about that.

Twodose

Reaction score
You can also send them back to ginsan and have them serviced, I recently had 2 done, I think it is $50 each and they go over everything. If it is really old I would just replace it.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can also send them back to ginsan and have them serviced, I recently had 2 done, I think it is $50 each and they go over everything. If it is really old I would just replace it.
I would too, the Parker equivalent to the Sensortron (P-47) is both cheaper up front and cheaper to have repaired. IMO pretty equally reliable.