What's new

Self Serve Credit Card Acceptors

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
More common ground than we might think!

I believe some of you guys are missing points.

People who use credit cards “tend” to buy more, more frequently but not necessarily so.

Only two out of ten self-service washes has a website.
Robert & others,

We have some common ground on the website approach & the need to reach young people. Once we reach them ... I think it is important to make sure we structure the payment systems to reflect what the processes actually cost.

I notice one of the quotes that Bill Pitzer just flashed was "People tend to do what they are encouraged to do."

Most self service car washes have limited resources. As far as making our places more attractive ... how many of us have rest room facilities for our customers? How many of us limit the size & convenience of more trash receptacles? There are other choices where we set boundaries based on what it costs us ... once we get the business to come in through our websites or whatever.

Gathering & processing coins is one of the least time consuming & more certain tasks from our experience ... bighead apparently has had a different experience.

mike walsh king koin of bismarck

CarWashProcessing

Reaction score
I added CC to my busiest bay, and it was used enough that I added it to my other bay as well as adding it to a new rehab we did last year.

I do the count up method, and while I would say less than 20% of people use them, they account for over 30% of my SS revenue.

Young people use them, busy people use them, businesses use them so they can track spending. I don't get coin or bill jams from CC acceptance and I don't have to empty the hoppers that often.

I didn't want to give people reason NOT to use me over anyone else.

My time is worth more than 4% transaction fee, that and the increase per use means that it was found money that I am spending anyway

This is the right way to think!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
So you don't empty the vaults, carry the coins to the office, count them, fill up the hoppers and carry the the rest to the bank? That sounds very time consuming to me.
FWIW we don't count coins from the SS or vacs. We simply dump them in the changer hoppers.

We only need to count the Bills from the Changers and Bill acceptors.

The time issue is why I take quarters and not tokens / dollar coins. Don't want to seperate them. Plus with Bill acceptors quarter use has dropped by 50% and maybe more with CC in bays.

We also don't take any to the bank. We periodicaly need to buy coins from the bank and add then to the hoppers.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Just ordered our Cryptopay system. Getting one bay to start with and see how it goes. Very friendly people to deal with. Look forward to getting it going.