What's new

security system

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for car wash owners that live in Houston Texas area that have had a complete security system installed and are happy with it. I am wanting to get a price from security companies but want to hear from their customers and not just the companies saying they are great. I have been burnt once by a company off the web. This was a well known company in the car wash bussiness. Talked with the owner and was given a system that was poor. Spent thousands of hard earned dollars for junk. I could have bought fake cameras and had the same security. I want bells and whistles. Want tag cameras. View from home. Fixing to sue someone for stealing almost $10,000.00 and knows location of my washes. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeff_L

Reaction score
You said looking for car wash owners in the Houston area, so I don't fit into that requirement. However, if you're looking for a good camera system I recommend you give Galen of www.midwestsecuritycameras.com a call. He sells camera systems which may fit your need, and he also owns a couple of car washes as well, so he understands your needs.

I bought a system from him earlier this year and love it, added three more cameras to it just recently.

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
check out video-insight i have it at two locations
tech service after the sale is great
they are in houston

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Wendy, will you say who you used that didn't work out. PM me if you prefer not to say publicly.

I'm also looking for a system like you described and don't want to repeat your mistake in system providers.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
houston area

The only reason I wanted houston area was to find a good company local and have them install system. Did not want to go thru another instulation again. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. they are right. this new age of computers is better left to the young ones. Not sure I would be able to do it right.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
When searching, I would look into the higher megapixel cameras and a really big hard drive. If you have the possibility of putting in a distant camera that can capture a lot of area (several bays for example) you will be impressed at how one camera can replace several bay cameras and even tag cameras. The coolest part about it is that you can actually do some of that CSI stuff where you keep zooming in on captured video, and the picture stays clear (meaning Tags are readable!)

wendy's wash

Reaction score
I guess I miss understood this forum. I thought that anyone who posted here could help everyone who reads the posts. Did not know that I was the only one getting the info on finding a good company locally. Now if you are refering to who sold me junk. Maybe I was just unlucky and got something I did not like. Maybe they have sold to alot of people that are happy. I am not that type of person to shout, rant and rave about the company, who and where they are. It's been years ago and maybe the owner got better. You don't know me and I would help anyone who needs it.

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Personaly, I don't believe that she was just concerned about herself, just upset and disappointed with her last supplier.

Don't let comment from others bother you, it sound like you have better things to worry about. Some people have nothing better to do.

Ask you local companies for referals, and do your research on those companies, hopfully someone from your area will give you a great referal.