What's new

SCRATCHES in GPS Screens

buda

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with scratching and hazing on GPS screens?

Regards
Bud ABraham

buda

Reaction score
Thanks Soapy, posting everywhere to get information. Since that time I have found a cause and solution to this problem if anyone in the car wash and detail business is interested.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I hesitate to even mention this, but I saw somewhere along the way that HF is what they use in those small eyeglass scratch repair bottles. I have a few gallons of HF in my equipment room and was going to check it out (on my cheap reading glasses) but have not got around to it yet.

buda

Reaction score
Hydrofluoric acid is known to etch glass.
I would very careful using HF on any glass let alone plastic or GPS screens.

Bud Abraham

buda

Reaction score
Bill can't tell you all because your strict rules about promoting one's products.

But what is on the GPS is a coating that negatively reacts to glass cleaners and all purpose cleaners causing scratches and hazing.

What must be done is removal of the coating and application of a special protective film. We know now the removal process and have the film.

That OK Bill?

buda

Reaction score
Welcome Scott. Let me know if you need some of the film

spalomar

Reaction score
Mr. Abraham,
I spoke with you at the WCA Convention in San Diego last month and we talked about a few things (a peeling dash on a mercedes) and also about the screens on GPS units but I never got the information to purchase. I have a customer who says we damaged his screen and I would love to try your product how can I get the contact information? My email is stacey@sunsetnorthcarwash.com Any and all help is appreciated Thank You so much for all your help. Stacey Palomar