What's new

Saw a great idea for ALL IBAs

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine was made out of some old warehouse racks. A decent welding and fabrication shop should be able to make up the frame. Then you can have a sign shop Make the rest.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That Simoniz ceramic arch from kleen rite looked good, but it was well over $10,000!
I went with this sign from TSS and it was $5800 and could be ready in 30 days!

Mine is somewhat basic, but it is backlit and has 20 flashing LED hockey Puck Lights! That should really draw a lot of attention when the Sun is down!

I highlighted the fact on my entry arch, "TOUCHLES" & "locally owned". None of the 7 tunnel washes here are locally owned!

Strava

Reaction score
That Simoniz ceramic arch from kleen rite looked good, but it was well over $10,000!
I went with this sign from TSS and it was $5800 and could be ready in 30 days!

Mine is somewhat basic, but it is backlit and has 20 flashing LED hockey Puck Lights! That should really draw a lot of attention when the Sun is down!

I highlighted the fact on my entry arch, "TOUCHLES" & "locally owned". None of the 7 tunnel washes here are locally owned!
I want to see it, post a pic. : )

Brucedvm59

Reaction score
Mine was made out of some old warehouse racks. A decent welding and fabrication shop should be able to make up the frame. Then you can have a sign shop Make the rest.
Hey Waxman, I am looking at doing something exactly like this. Would it be possible to get any pictures of your led Arch that I can design mine off of please?

STXCW

Reaction score
I drove by an In Bay yesterday with a large entrance arch, it was tore up right in the center as if a tall vehicle attempted to drive through it. Make sure you install clearance signs prior to getting to that sign. This site didn't have one and it's going to be an expensive repair.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
clearance signs and warning poles on cables etc. are good to have. However, it's not a failsafe against people ignoring them and hitting a hard stop. I have seen people in over height vehicles parked underneath my first height restriction warning which is a plastic pipe on cables. They are ready to drive into the bay even though they are clearly hitting the first stop which is the flexible pipe.

While it may be expensive to repair A damaged entry arch, think of the cost and the downtime when they smash your car wash equipment.