What's new

Sandpiper pump not enough volume

trentu

Reaction score
I just bought and rehabed a 6 bay SS and it came with a never installed foam brush setup that uses a sandpiper dual diaphram air pump. With just one bay running it doesn't look like it puts out enough chemical. The instruction manual just has a parts breakdown and installation information on it, nothing I could use to figure out if its not enough pump or if it is bad somewhere or if I did something wrong from a setting perspecitive. Anyone ever have/use one of these and know anything about it? I did a search here on sand piper and came up empty. Thanks

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Does the pump seem to run wide open, and not supply enough, or barely run.
First check the pressure and or volume of air available to the pump, and then, see if the solenoids for the brush can be adjusted for more flow. If all is ok , then replace with the low-cost flo-jet as it is foam brush.

MEP001

Reaction score
The diaphragm in the pump could be leaking which lets air into the pumped fluid and slows the amount of liquid it pumps. On a foam brush system you won't see it, you just won't get enough liquid. Disconnect the outlet of the pump and see if it moves liquid with no restriction - if there's any air in the output, do as Whale suggested and replace it with a FloJet. You'll spend more on a diaphragm kit for the Sandpiper than you will just replacing it.