What's new

San Antonio Car Wash Show cancelled/postponed

STXCW

Reaction score
The Car Wash Show 2020 Original Dates Cancelled Due to Coronavirus and Travel Guidance

thinking about running an ad saying, " keep you car Coronavirus free and sanitized, wash here daily"

soapy

Reaction score
I ordered tokens yesterday and got the show discount. Dultmeier sales has a flyer out with show specials as well as a extra 10% off and free shipping on orders of $500 or more. Dultmeier had premade hoses about 30% cheaper than Kleenrite on their special flyer.

Randy

Reaction score
It doesn't really surprise me that they canceled the Car wash convention. The governor of Washington has declared a state of emergency.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm in favor of a Fall show, hopefully the virus will be manageable by then.

BTW, for those of you that think this virus is overblown hype started by the leftist media, listen to this interview:

OurTown

Reaction score
It doesn't really surprise me that they canceled the Car wash convention. The governor of Washington has declared a state of emergency.

So has the Ohio Governor.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
So has the Ohio Governor.
As I understand it, after only three cases, all of which can be traced to the origin and all three self-quarantined so no community spreading yet. <Scratches head> Not sure what the emergency is.

OurTown

Reaction score
As I understand it, after only three cases, all of which can be traced to the origin and all three self-quarantined so no community spreading yet. <Scratches head> Not sure what the emergency is.

I think it's so they can allocate funding for this issue fast and without going through a bunch of red tape.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Once its in the community it's probably there unless these people had extremely restricted movement. . People are infectious for days before they think they are sick. Can you trace your steps for the past five days? I can't remember where I ate lunch yesterday. That's what makes the virus troublesome.

OurTown

Reaction score
This is getting goofy. The Ohio governor has cancelled all K-12 classes for three weeks starting Tuesday. Also with a few exceptions no gatherings larger than 100 people are allowed. The Director of the Ohio Department of Health is estimating that over 100,000 Ohioans have right now.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s goofy at all. I’m at the epicenter in Washington State and it’s serious, more than most people think. Everywhere you go they are taking precautions, schools closed, sporting events canceled, just about every place that has some sort of event has been canceled. But the biggest problem is the world economy is taking a beating. The US stock market has been hammered all week, airline stocks, energy stocks, just about every stock is down. The Port of Seattle and Los Angeles are 2 of the largest ports in the US, both are like a ghost town, no ships bringing in goods from China. China is pretty much shut down and we get a tremendous amount of goods and raw materials from China. What’s going to happen when the supply chain runs out. Look what’s going on in Italy. I think and others that I’ve talked to think we are headed for a worldwide recession. If it does get to that point I think it might be worse than it was in 2007 – 2008 recession.
We have toilet paper now and bottled water in the stores, no need to go out and buy 5 Costco size packages of of Toilet paper like some people were.

washnvac

Reaction score
Randy- I agree with what you are saying. But a lot of the panic is due to the multiple media outlets promoting it. Then it becomes a self-induced frenzy. The TV shows all the lines and empty shelves at stores, then folks get panicked.

So we are supposed to stay away from others, yet everyone is going to the stores with a multitude of others and gazillions of germs. It seems counterproductive.