What's new

Ryko wheel scrubs drooping

diamond joe

Reaction score
I have a ryko softgloss with about 50k washes on it. The wheel scrubber on the left side has been sagging when it deploys for about a year now,getting worse with time.When the scrubs are activated in test mode the left side will touch the ground at full extension,the right side remains almost level. On the advisement of my local ryko service mgr I replaced all the wheels on the left side with noimprovement at all! I guess that would explain why the old wheels and bolts looked fine when I removed them. The carriage assembly does not appear to be bent or dammaged but there is much more free play up and down on the left side when they are extended.Hey RYKO PRO...YOU OUT THERE?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
My first suggestion would have been to change the wheel too. Its more about tightening the bolts and the wobbling out of the bolt holes that contribute to most of the slop. If the holes in the wheels are good, we do not replace the wheels. 50k washes should not be enough wear to warrent replacement, as you see with the other side. First thing to do is see if the bolts that hold the wheels on are tight. I would extend the wheel scurb and move it up and down. If the wheels move, they are not tight enough, if the slop is between the wheels and the tracks, I would try shimming the wheels out with the correct size stainless washers. If it will not shim out enough to take up the slack you may have to replace the track. I swear the old voyager tracks were adjustable, but looking at the softgloss drawings I have here at the shop, yours are not. Let me know if you are unable to see where the slop is and I will discuss this with one of my techs who is an expert on these wheel scrubs.