What's new

Ryko/Westech

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I have heard from a reliable source that Westech/Mark VII will announce at Automechanica next week that they have purchased Rylo. Has anyone else heard the same?

mac

Reaction score
My sources, and they have been cultivated over 30+ years in the business, inform me that they are indirectly doing this, so as not to see it as a foreign takeover. They are going to use a relatively small company, Technology At Work located in Florida, to do the actual takeover. There have been huge sums of foreign money transferred into their account. You heard it here first.

mac

Reaction score
Another interesting aspect of this is that Mr rykopro would have to change his name to Mr westechpro.

soapy

Reaction score
Since mac likes to chirp so much about rykopro his new handle should be mac P. Crowe.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I was just at the factory and heard nothing of this.

Etowah

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
He wrote rylo but we are assuming he meant Ryko. Last year the rumor was Ryko had bought Mark 7. At least we only have to wait a week to see how reliable Mac's cultivated sources are (from his posts I think I know what they are cultivating).

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
Not to spread rumors, but I also hear Ryko has been purchased by Mark VII and the company that owns them Washtec AG.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Is anyone willing to quote their sources so it can be investigated?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am unable to confirm this rumor, but anything is possible. If it is true, it may work to our advantage, as I should finally be able to get Mark VII parts!

mac

Reaction score
mr rykopro, if you need Mark 7 parts, i have an account with them.

Etowah

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We do, but they are limited and do not have the newer IBA parts.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Looks like no anouncments from the show. I could always use the extra business but we are busy for the end of the summer.

soapy

Reaction score
I was at the WCA show and talked to several Ryko people. All that was announced is that a new CEO has been appointed. He had been rykos ceo before but was battling cancer for a couple of years. He now has it in remission and will be returning to work.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The anouncement came out last week that Tom Carlton is now acting CEO again. Tom has been with Ryko from the beginning and is a GREAT person to work for! I am very glad to see he is feeling well enough to return to his position as the leader of Ryko.

mac

Reaction score
This has got to be good. The head people are playing their cards close to the vest, which you would expect in a case like this. Let's just say that I used to go over to Tom's house and have a beer with him. And the original founder, Larry Klein, and I used to trade airplane stories. And coincidentally, he happens to live just down the road from me. At this point I am trying to get in a position where I'll be in charge of human resources, as in hiring and firing. Keep making your jokes.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
What are you talking about? You want to work for Ryko? Your comments show how much you know about what's going on. Are you somehow trying to make a threat? I guess you have not been paying attention for the last three years, I do not work for Ryko. This is classic Mac, if I understand your twisted thinking, you want to become the VP of human resources so you could fire me? Good luck with that!
Do you need a reference?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am surprised to hear you want to work for Ryko now! All the complianing you have done over the years about Ryko and now you come begging for a job? Have you had problems with the manufacture(s) you are working for now?