What's new

Ryko under car spray

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My under car spray on my Ryko Softgloss has stopped working. It seems clear to me that it has to be either the solenoid valve or the pressure switch that turns it on. I replaced the diaphram in the solenoid but that didn't do the trick. I didn't think that I had another solenoid valve but I found 1. I'm starting to think that it is more likely the switch though. What I don't know is how to test the air switch. Can anybody help me with that?
Thanks
J

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I take it you have the undercar system that sprays back and forth under the vehicle while it's on the treadle?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No it is the simple drive over spray right there by the tire and wheel spray. They drive over a hose that turns on a spray as the car enters the bay.

soapy

Reaction score
Check the hose very carefully for any holes first. Take a new peice of hose and put it on the switch and put a bolt in the other end. When you step on the hose you should hear a clicking sound as the switch gets activated. Air switches are very cheap so I keep a couple on hand.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Soapy beat me to the response but what he said is what to do I had a Ryko OHD with that type of setup for the undercarriage and the hose was the culprit just replaced the hose and all was better.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Well I went to the wash this morning to check the hose. I put in a coupon to arm the wash, stepped on the hose to see if I could hear it click and got soaked when the under car wash kicked on full force.
After looking at it though the problem could not have been the hose because the same hose and air switch works the tire chemical and it has been working all along so I'm still confused. It is preferable to be confused while it is working to when it is not working but I don't have a lot of confidence that it will continue to work. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Jimmy you didn't need to arm the wash to test the hose, just follow the hose to the box it is connected to and remove the cover you should see a black switch inside with a clear piece of tubing hooked up to it when you step on the hose you should hear a click step on the hose 3 or 4 times (where the customer drives on) just to be sure. Is the hose worn down? I just replace mine every year now due to crazy problems like this even for the treadle backup hose.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Well I can't make it mess up now to save my life. The sun is finally supposed to come back out tomorrow so I can rest assured it will mess up then. I can't find anything wrong.
Thanks for the help!

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
When it breaks again check for cuntinuity through the switch when stepping on the hose. You may need an analog meter to see this quick pulse. If that works check the input to the PLC when stepping on the hose. If you get that check the out put voltage from the PLC to the valve. If you have voltage at the valve and it still does not work, clean or replace the valve.