What's new

Ryko Ultrasonic Power Problems

hogwash

Reaction score
I have 2 ryko ohb units and they both continually shut themselves down and then show error code "07". I have changed breakers, monitored for surges and had the power company monitor the system and nothing has helped.
I am losing customers by being down frequently. Any suggestions?

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I've had the exact same problem twice in the last two years and it has nothing to do with the equipment. What I could not figure out was why the problem occurred at the same time every day, or most days. Must have paid for couple of service calls before we figured out it was a problem with electrical service.

Contact your electrical utility service center and carefully explain the problem to a second or third level customer care agent, someone who knows the diffence between an amp an a dead cat. As them to put recorder on your transformer so they can document the service lapse and trace the problem up the local network or grid.

In my cases the two incidents (each incident lasting more than a week) had different causes but the result was the same. There was a momentary lapse in service which tripped the VFD. Reset the the VFD and you are back in busimess, but what if you aren't there?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
It does sound like an incoming power supply problem since both units are effected. If you have access to the 4 digit codes (a hand held programer or a network CAW4) you can see if it is occuring at the same step in the program. Code 07 (VFD error) can be caused by intermittant cable shorts or a bad motor.